CM7 beta 2 fail on DX2

Minahan1

Reaction score
NO backup/restore option DX2

I am very sorry if I am TOO NOOB but, I did a successful install CM7 beta2.(very cool)
I had an issue with the superuser binary update and got frustrated so I rebooted.
Phone went into a boot loop (here is where I %^#& up) instead of looking for help I was just going to start over...
I tried to go into retsore and I only have RSD protocol! (I thought I had BSR installed?)
Thats right only RSD protocol! no other options.
I tried to install 2.3.4 sbf from RSD and at the end of the install it starts boot loop while in RSD.
At that point of the reload on RSD it is supposed to restart the phone and you then need to manually reboot and restore? I wish!
Without having the option for backup/restore I am stuck.

Is there anything that I can do? I have been reading these posts and trying for 12 hours

( I did download a Linux boot disc for SBF and that failed also )

Thank you ahead for anyone that can direct me...

If this is a simple fix I will be open for any ideas for a new user name in these posts. L O L

Last edited:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why did the Linux boot disc fail? What was the error? Did you have it on bootloader?

OP
Minahan1

Minahan1

Reaction score
what the &^%!

How stupid am I!

I did a restart wthe the down button and start button only and there is the menu I am looking for...

Maybe in the future I should just stop thinking and let it happen.

OP
Minahan1

Minahan1

Reaction score
Yes I got the phone back to normal.
Overthinking and not paying close enough attention to details.
I guess this is what you call A learning experience.

Thanks Droid-Xer for checking this out.
I was't using the right buttons for reboot to get to the restore.
Somewhere I got it into my head to hold both volume buttons and the power button?

OP
Minahan1

Minahan1

Reaction score
Why did the Linux boot disc fail? What was the error? Did you have it on bootloader?

No real problem with the Linux Boot Disc it was not being able to get to the backup/restore to finish the SBF install.
This disc is a great way for anyone to try and get back to factory, IF, they follow the true directions....