CM6 RC3 for nexus, soon for droid

KillerVamp

Reaction score
looks like the 3rd Release Candidate for CM6 just dropped for the Nexus One. Soon to be on the Droid?
CM6

AtrusNex

Reaction score
Hopefully. I tried a CM Nightly, a few days ago and saw a lot of features I really liked, such as the customizable power widget, customizable screen brightness, etc, but it was super unstable. I'd love to see some of those features in a more stable RC release.

Zac7

Reaction score
Yeah it is also ready for dream/sapphire. Sure hope its only a matter of hours till we can get it on our droids.

Reaction score
Hopefully. I tried a CM Nightly, a few days ago and saw a lot of features I really liked, such as the customizable power widget, customizable screen brightness, etc, but it was super unstable. I'd love to see some of those features in a more stable RC release.

Really? I've been using it for almost an entire day and I've found it to be really stable. I've switched over to it actually, I'm using a Rom someone made over at the Cyanogen Mod forums thats that Droid 2 theme with the multitouch keyboard built off the 8-13 nightly build. It's built off FRG01B instead of FRF84.

AtrusNex

Reaction score
I was using a build from a few days ago. And when I tried it a lot of the features weren't working properly and there were 3G issues. Obviously, if they're starting to roll out then next RC then they must be pretty close to getting most of the bugs out though.

forkup

Reaction score
Super unstable? Wow first time I've heard that. Did you wipe data and cache if coming from anything other than a CM 6 based rom? This rom is the bomb and has more features and usability than anything available.

AtrusNex

Reaction score
I've pretty much only ran CM6, in some iteration or another, for the last 5 days. CM6 RC2 runs fine, I was referring to a nightly ROM just in case you're confused. And yes, I always clear the caches when switching ROMs or kernels.

AtrusNex

Reaction score
Where? It's not in Cyanogen forums or downloads. Found it it's on Rom Manager now.

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It's on ROM Manager
Some people don't use ROM Manager for a variety of reasons, not limited to how on some phones it breaks downloads EDIT: **NOT THE PHONE!**, loses recoveries, loses files it just downloaded, doesn't flash the recovery images well, and so on, so the link I just provided will be the one they want to use to get it and install it manually from there. :)

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
New power Control widget settings are AWESOME!!! No more need for extended system widget or any of those!! All options now built into ROM

ebe3692

Reaction score
It's on ROM Manager
Some people don't use ROM Manager for a variety of reasons, not limited to how on some phones it breaks downloads EDIT: **NOT THE PHONE!**, loses recoveries, loses files it just downloaded, doesn't flash the recovery images well, and so on, so the link I just provided will be the one they want to use to get it and install it manually from there. :)

yeah, I dont use clockwork / RM either, never tried, but am happy and comfortable with sprecovery. I had forgotten what the link was to get to the CM update.zips so thanks for posting the link!

Last edited: