CM6 Not Remembering Settings after Reboot

quadracer06

Reaction score
Like the title says, some of my application settings are not being remembered after I reboot. I have my phone set to reboot each morning just to keep it clean and ready for the day while it charges over night, but each time after some settings are missing.

For instance, when I go to SMS someone, the choose which app to use comes up, when I have already chosen handcent instead of the stock messaging app.

Or the stock Android keyboard is enabled after I disabled it so I can use the Swype keyboard only.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I can't figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

woernsn

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem and can't find a solution anywhere..
have you already found a solution?

OP
Q

quadracer06

Reaction score
Nope...I was just starting to back up my phone right now. Going to wipe and re-install see if that helps. I'm annoyed with this!

Sparkimus

Reaction score
Are the handcent and swype apps on your internal memory or the SD card? I had issues with Ultra Keyboard not staying the default when it was on the SD card but all was good when I moved it to internal memory.

brochaos

Reaction score
this is the 3rd thread i've seen about this. 1 about UD, 1 about CM, forgot what the 3rd one was, and i'm having the same thing on LFY.

what the heck is going on here? i just cleaned my dalvik cache with TiBU and tried freeing up some free space, i was getting pretty low.

but my facebook sync settings reset, my swype settings reset, and some other things like default number to dial for a contact, things like that.