CM6 final is here!

Samurai26

Reaction score
I haven't tried CM since 507, and hoped 6 would fix the heat issues...

But no, my droid still gets around 96 fahrenheit when just playing around with the phone settings, and doing some light browsing.

I really love how CM looks and the enormous amount of customization, but the heat problems outweigh the enjoyment

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Um, is that battery or is that CPU? The CPU on this thing can take 150 in short bursts.

It's not the CPU temp, its whatever SetCPU measures... without the CPU option checked

Also, I really wasn't doing anything stressful at all, I just played with CM and ADW setttings and went to IGN.com and nytimes.com, which usually keeps the phone down to 85-90 fahrenheit

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Another thing I love about this rom is the Apps2sd. I know that it is something that is included in Froyo, however, with other roms, I would only have about 105mb of memory after my 80-90 apps. Now, I have those same apps and i still have 150mb of memory. That is a huge plus.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
So, the battery...

What's the ambient temperature there? A Lithium-Ion/Polymer battery under discharge creates heat, and a temperature under 100F isn't anything to worry about unless that's like 40 degrees above ambient. :)

OP
N

noo_too_droid

Reaction score
at 140 degrees a lithium based battery is capable of creating heat (even if its off) which will lead to baaaaaaad things

chem/physics major ftw

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
at 140 degrees a lithium based battery is capable of creating heat (even if its off) which will lead to baaaaaaad things

chem/physics major ftw
Thermal runaway. In modern batteries the chances of a catastrophic failure (read, exploding batteries like in some laptops from the dawn of the Li age) are remote, but getting that battery up over 120F and you'll find you're discharging a LOT faster than you should be.

That's still a lot of wiggle room from 96 degrees, though. :)

If you're uncomfortable with your phone running ~95 degrees, though, that's alright. Just don't drive to Texas! ;)

droiddadi

Reaction score
Where can I get a detailed list of the scripts, etc., included in this latest CM 6.0.0 final release? Also, any special requirements for using them?

thx

I'm wondering also about scripts on this rom.... ?

taptalkUdig?

This is completly clean stock rom built from source with CM features and customizations. So this comes with stock look.

Look else where for scripts. Scripts are for hand holding. You can do the same without any script.

Samurai26

Reaction score
So, the battery...

What's the ambient temperature there? A Lithium-Ion/Polymer battery under discharge creates heat, and a temperature under 100F isn't anything to worry about unless that's like 40 degrees above ambient. :)

Yeah, im at room temp, like 73...

I guess DROIDs just get hot, a fact of life. But it's annoying cuz it makes my hands sweaty and than it gets hard to use the touch screen, its also just plain uncomfortable and it makes me think there's something wrong with the phone

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Now THAT is understandable. :)

Watch the CPU temp just pulling the notification window up and down. Tempmonitor lite will work fine for this as long as you have the checkbox to monitor CPU temps checked. That bugger spikes FAST.

Samurai26

Reaction score
O yeah, guess I just gotta deal with the hot phone

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Testing out the new CM6 now. If I like it I plan to port my Luna Theme this morning. I hope that you guys are interested in this!

sentientchimp

Reaction score
I'm not too crazy about the new DSP/EQ controls in the final build of CM 6. Does anyone know if it's possible to go back to the old ones? I'm not to good with root explorer and terminal emulator so I have no clue how to go about doing stuff like this.

keithsmith22

Reaction score
I know the question has been asked a few times now but without any answer. What are the scripts that can be used on this ROM. When I messed around with it yesterday, I enjoyed it. It worked well, the customizations were nice but if I can't remove the bloatware as well block ads and such then I will use something else. Can someone point myself as well as the others asking for this information in the right direction? Thanks.

sentientchimp

Reaction score
if you want to remove bloatware you should have a look at the threads concerning root explorer. that's a useful app for getting in deep and getting rid of that stuff.