CM6 final is here!

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
BlackGlass

For those wondering, NOPE the current blackglass theme available did not work what so ever with the final release of CM6.

vinnard

Reaction score
What kernels are you guys running? I'm just using stock now but I'd like something with better battery life.

pkwjr

Reaction score
For those wondering, NOPE the current blackglass theme available did not work what so ever with the final release of CM6.

He released a new version a few hours ago, one made for 6.0. and it is great.

holeshot

Reaction score
Im really liking this. Jumped from CM RC2 right to CM6 Final. Never even had CM6 RC3

Benny879

Reaction score
My main question is, will 928Droid's BlackGlass theme work with the final release? Or will we have to wait for that to be updated...ah hell Im gonna try to see if it will work anyway...

i doubt it will work please tell me if it does. Speaking of themes has anyone found any links to themes for cm 6.0.0 after a couple hours of stock theme im really hungering for something exciting! PLEASE HOOK SOME THEMES UP

I released my REVOlution port this morning that works for 6.0

[THEME] REVOution - CM6 6.0 Stable - CyanogenMod Forum

AlphaMack

Reaction score
What kernels are you guys running? I'm just using stock now but I'd like something with better battery life.

Stock seems to do a pretty good job over here, though YMMV. I got pretty decent battery life out of medium/heavy usage from settling into CM6. I'm currently running these profiles:

SetCPU Advanced Settings: 32000, 50, 0, 0

Profiles:
Temp >46C: 250/250 (Haven't really needed it.)
Screen Off: 250/250
Charging: 550/250
Battery: <100% 800/250; <81% 700/250; <61% 600/250; <41% 500/250; <21% 250/250

jr313

Reaction score
Im running it at 800mhz and i have to say its a BEAST!! thanks Cyanogen and Koush!

otter34

Reaction score
Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

otter34

Reaction score
http://android.local.host.name/droid/cm/stable/update-cm-6.0.0-Droid-signed.zip

Another mirror for people having issues. Also, if you're using the Google Apps prior to 8/17 (or can't find them for some reason) you'll want the latest one:

http://www.tap3w0rm.com/hosted/android/nexus-1/gapps-hdpi-20100817-signed.zip
http://android.local.host.name/nexus/gapps/gapps-hdpi-20100817-signed.zip

Have fun!

What does the google add on include? Is it just gmail? I don't have gmail working, but maps works. I tried opening google login service from dev tools and got a force close. I'm going to download this and see what happens:

CyanogenMod-6 for the Moto Droid: SBFWHAT? V6.0.0 (08/27/2010) - CyanogenMod Forum

2 questions. first, should I change the name to update.zip? Secondly should I just use one or both of these that you just posted?: http://www.tap3w0rm.com/hosted/android/nexus-1/gapps-hdpi-20100817-signed.zip
http://android.local.host.name/nexus/gapps/gapps-hdpi-20100817-signed.zip

edit: OK, 3 questions. Which kernel do you recommend? I have usually used chevy w/ bb and jrummy. Is there a different one that plays better w/ this ROM or is chevy safe?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Kernels are more phone-dependent than ROM-dependent. If your phone likes P3Droid kernels under other ROMs it will probably like them under CM 6.

You only need one of the two I posted. Simply two mirrors if one didn't work.

The Google apps are the ones that came with your phone, so you'll probably want them if you're used to doing things like GMail and whatnot.

sandfreak

Reaction score
flashed last night around midnight...so far i've had the phone freeze on me twice and restart on its own 4 times. anybody know what's up with this or also experiencing this? i usually don't have problems with cyanogenmod

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
flashed last night around midnight...so far i've had the phone freeze on me twice and restart on its own 4 times. anybody know what's up with this or also experiencing this? i usually don't have problems with cyanogenmod
Did you wipe before you flashed? Are you running the stock kernel?

kevdog

Reaction score
Are there alternative kernels?? I'm running stock and it seems ok for now. Really miss the sysrw and sysro unless I'm not doing it correctly.

otter34

Reaction score
Kernels are more phone-dependent than ROM-dependent. If your phone likes P3Droid kernels under other ROMs it will probably like them under CM 6.

You only need one of the two I posted. Simply two mirrors if one didn't work.

The Google apps are the ones that came with your phone, so you'll probably want them if you're used to doing things like GMail and whatnot.

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the gapps and now my gmail icon appears on my screen and under applications, however if I click on it the screen opens then closes. I go to dev tools and click google login service and it force closes. Suggestions? Should I try an older rom? As I mentioned this is my first time w/ this rom after using bb, lithium and other jrummy, and also liquid