CM RC3 very slow and laggy???

sparacing

Reaction score
So I flashed over to CM6RC3 the other day from LithiumMod to check it out. What I found was I really like some of the features...in fact I liked them enough I really want to stay on this ROM. Not only that but I had much more internal memory than I had on LM.

I ended going back to LithiumMod however because of the lag and slow speed that CM seemed to operate.

-Wiped cache and data before flashing CM (via Rom Mgr)
-Used no theme
-Tried different kernels
-Tried both ADW and LP - no difference

With LM I'm running Watermark'D with a P3 kernel and LauncherPro and it's fast...very fast. From homescreens to app drawer, to opening apps, and making calls...everything is very quick.

I'm wondering if there is something I just missed...or if I should try to help with the speed?

Anyone else experiencing anything like this? I keep seeing lots of posts that CM is pretty fast...so I'm sitting here scratching my head.

Thanks,

-S

schollianmj

Reaction score
yea, with CM6rc3 for some reason it is a bit slow at times.... but my main issue is that i have to hit home twice every time to go back to my home screen... such as if im in the browser and I want to go back to my home screen I hit home, then home again and it finally goes. it vibrates on the first time, but wont switch. mind you this is in every app, not just browser. and yes, I wipe everything prior to installing.

Shusuke028

Reaction score
Same problem as u

I've had the same problem with CM RC3 coming from Lithium Mod... I loved LM, however, since CM is so widely used, I just went back to it... and it was really laggy, so I was really disappointed... I tried all the things you did (wiped cache, overclocked, etc.) and it was still laggy...

so... i went to the dark side... and tried UD just because I used to like the earlier builds... and I have to say that I was very impressed with the performance and the number of extra settings, tools, and most importantly, the many THEMES. right now i'm running the evolution theme on it and it's flawless

tdog7879

Reaction score
My first couple of hours seemed real laggy but now it works great! I'm using p3 kernel 1000 lw and ADW launcher which I must say is way smother that launcher pro. This is my first time using ADW and I'm loving it! Can't wait for the final release of CM.

rp11

Reaction score
ive tried a few kernels to get it to run the fastest. it ran faster on some kernels but the one im using now is the only one where it doesnt seem to lag and is still fast. im on slayher_7x1200LV_v1.5 right now

OP
sparacing

sparacing

Reaction score
Hmmm, well I guess I'll stick with LM for now and try CM6 again after they address the lag.