CM 6 Battery Life

jville95

Reaction score
Finally, jdlfg's 1000mHz kernel was the trick. Not only did I have the zip I was missing, but battery life is ASTOUNDING. I don't lose battery during the night (10% tops?) and I can go all day with the same use or more than before, and be down to maybe 60-70%.

Do you mind saying which version you used from the CM page? There is like 3 or 4 different versions(not sure if they are any different from one another).

*edit: And are there any LV kernels for JDLFG or are all of them for FROYO 2.2 SV?

speakercode

Reaction score
Finally, jdlfg's 1000mHz kernel was the trick. Not only did I have the zip I was missing, but battery life is ASTOUNDING. I don't lose battery during the night (10% tops?) and I can go all day with the same use or more than before, and be down to maybe 60-70%.

Do you mind saying which version you used from the CM page? There is like 3 or 4 different versions(not sure if they are any different from one another).

*edit: And are there any LV kernels for JDLFG or are all of them for FROYO 2.2 SV?

Ummmmm I used the one in ROM manager which from what I understand is not the most current. It was the one from Aug 24, although now I've moved on to the one from Sept 4 which enables compcache so we'll see how that goes.

I don't know the answer to your second question though. :(

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Turn data off and use wifi. Ultimate battery win.

I've been trying out an app called "Y5 Battery Saver". When you connect to a Wifi AP, it records the IDs of all the cell towers that it can see and keeps a table of APs and cell towers. If you're within range of any of the cell towers it has listed, it will automatically turn on wifi - and when you go out of range, it will turn wifi off.

I'm sure there's a tradeoff between keeping another program running all the time (using battery) as a solution to try to SAVE battery, but this seems like it might actually work. Similar apps that use GPS end up wasting power by having to get the GPS location every few minutes, but this app is leveraging information that the phone already has to collect just to make/receive calls, so it's "free".

So far, the only downside I've found is that when you WANT to turn on wifi in a new place, Y5 will fight with you. You turn on wifi, go to the network list, pick out the network, start typing in a password, and by that point, Y5 turned wifi back off again. So you might need to remember to temporarily disable Y5 and then re-enable it once you're connected to the AP.