CM 5.08 & Titanium question

Lars1

Reaction score
Hi there,

New to ROMming. Just DL the new CM Rom and all of my apps are installing automatically.

Prior to install, I backed up all data and settings with Titanium (Premium).

My question is, do I use my backup? Will I get duplicate apps? What data will Titanium restore?

I could use a little help.

Thanks.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
You should be able to restore apps in theory... havent gotten to Cyanogens new mod yet, but Titanium should at least be able to restore APP data.

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score
So I just do a restore over the installed apps? What data does Titanium back up?

TIA

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
So I just do a restore over the installed apps? What data does Titanium back up?

TIA

It backs up App and Data, so if your playing say, Zombies, it should be backing up your user data and the actual app you were previously using.

This depends on the settings you used to back. I am assuming you used (App+Data)

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score
I did choose apps+data. Does it also back up settings i.e. Ringtones, accounts, passwords etc.?

Also, if you know, if I use Titanium to restore, will my apps be linked to the market for updates?

Thanks again.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I did choose apps+data. Does it also back up settings i.e. Ringtones, accounts, passwords etc.?

Also, if you know, if I use Titanium to restore, will my apps be linked to the market for updates?

Thanks again.

Yup, should do all that. You can also review what it backed up when you load it. I would take a close look at what it has actually backed up before doing anything.

But loading everything from default is not so bad, thank Google sync for that.

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score

Thanks again.

Yup, should do all that. You can also review what it backed up when you load it. I would take a close look at what it has actually backed up before doing anything.

What would I not want it to restore?

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to

Thanks again.

What would I not want it to restore?

That's an incredibly relative question, I cannot answer that as I do not know everything you have done specifically.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
BTW; for some of your apps, you might have to sync them with what you have stored on your sdcard (providing you have moved apps to your sdcard). Not sure how that is done.

My ultimate suggestion is that you make sure you backup your current rom, and then test out what you can do... if something fails, just reload your ROM... backup each time you think you made progess, and then keep moving forward.

The best way to learn is through failure.

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score
Just a follow up.

After Google loaded everything it could, I opened Titanium and had it restore data+missing apps (112!)

Everything looks good, I haven't had much time to check everything out but it looks like I will have to recreate all my accounts, ringtones etc.

Thanks for your help.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Just a follow up.

After Google loaded everything it could, I opened Titanium and had it restore data+missing apps (112!)

Everything looks good, I haven't had much time to check everything out but it looks like I will have to recreate all my accounts, ringtones etc.

Thanks for your help.

No problem man. I've never used titanium for system files, but it has served me well for apps.

I have installed many ROM's at this point and put up with restoring certain information manually. It is well worth it in the end when a ROM really licks my chops. Oh and by the way, I did say licks my chops :p

Have fun! dancedroid