Cloud Print, Google's next product casualty

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
cloudprinthero-800x626.jpg

The latest product from Google to be shelved is: Google Cloud Print. Started roughly 10 years ago, this service was a pretty great way to print from your mobile devices. I used to astound my co-workers by being able to print from my phone from my house to a copier at the office. Although I can't blame Google for giving up on this based on my usage alone because... showing how it works was about the most I'd ever used it.
"Look what you can do!" I can count on one hand the number of times I actually used it to print something from my phone that I needed. It worked so well, I thought it would be a bigger deal then it was. Google did too, obviously.
What about you folks? Anyone going to miss Cloud Print?

Picture and Source: ArsTechnica

JandN2639

Reaction score
We have had a lot of trouble printing from our Galaxy S10e since Android Pi aired. We need a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Never even heard of it. But wasn't looking either. I can do it with my HP printers, but I have no need.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I read somewhere that Google said part of their reasoning is that most newer WiFi enabled printers come with their own app, which makes printing from your phone even easier than Google Cloud Print. I have used it twice over the years, both times from my Chromebook. But I print & scan all the time from my phone using the Canon app for my printer. I can see their logic on closing this service.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Edited. Removed quote to previous spam post.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JandN2639

Reaction score
Reported. Please do so also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
Never even heard of it. But wasn't looking either. I can do it with my HP printers, but I have no need.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I have been using the HammerMill print app for years. It is no longer available at the Play store as it has been replaced with a purchased subscription app called Hammer. The site says I can continue using the "sponsored" version as long as I do not uninstall it.