Clock not keeping time correctly

TheGlatMachine

Reaction score
Has this happened to anyone else? Starting today, I've noticed my main clock is running fast. Like 5 mins fast. If I reboot my phone the time syncs back up to the correct time, but slowly it will start to count mins faster and the next thing I know, my phone says it is 5 or so minutes later than it actually is. I have a cell signal, but it still just doesn't keep the time right.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Joshamo

Reaction score
Having the same problem on my Incredible, mine is 9 minutes ahead right now. I am thinking it might be a verizon thing, at first I thought maybe htc pulls that data from their servers but my girlfriends inpsire on ATT is normal

EDIT: Just saw you had an incredible also. Hmm... Hope somebody has some insight

mgguzik

Reaction score
I just noticed that I am having the same problem (clock running about 10 min fast). I just noticed it yesterday (5/26/11), but I wear a watch and don't use the phone all the time for a clock. Any help or suggestions would be great.

dougsprowls

Reaction score
Same issue here. 11 minutes fast. Droid Incredible. Girlfriend has an incredible too, but hers is right on time.

Rebooting gets it back on track, but then like TheGlatMachine said, it becomes incorrect again (in the matter of an hour or so).

Last edited:

droid doctor

Reaction score
Are you guys rooted if so download clocksync from the market it resets your phones time to the "atomic" time.

android617

Reaction score
This happened to me twice today, has anyone heard of there is a fix?

Joshamo

Reaction score
Hey havent found a real "fix" but the easiest thing to do is hold your power button like you are turning it off, and turn airplane mode on then do it again to turn airplane mode off. I did mine last night around midnight and its still got the right time at 8:13 AM so we will see =)

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
My fiance just told me her clock was ahead by 15 minutes. Has this ever happened before this instance? Or is this just a fluke?

icomrade

Reaction score
Yep, happened to me today and yesterday, 10 minutes ahead each time. I'm rooted and on the ginger bread leak with the latest radio.

mgguzik

Reaction score
I tried Joshamo's suggestion of turning the airplane mod on & then off. I did that around noon, and it has been correct so far (about 4 hours now). Not sure why or how, but it worked. Hopefully this fixes it.

OP
T

TheGlatMachine

Reaction score
My phone also is not rooted, and has never been. I'm on version 2.2 with Verizon. I noticed at one time today (around 1:50PM EST) I was about 15 mins fast when I pulled the phone from my pocket and hit the top button to take it out of sleep mode (or whatever it is called when the screen is off), but once I unlocked it, it resynced to the correct time. Otherwise the time has been correct.

AkronM

Reaction score
"Smart"Phone can't keep time?

Happy New Year, 2014. No, nothing else to do as the ball dropped. HTC Incredible clock runs fast. I new it when the ball hit 2014 and my phone showed 12:02. How bad is the technology we have here in the U.S. that our smartphones don't keep time? Also getting two tones that beep when I place or answer a phone call. Nobody can tell me what's going on with that but it seems suspicious. It started a month ago. Get two tones before I can say Hello and before phone starts ringing on other end when I place a call. They keep telling me it's a Setting -- it's not. New Year resolution to say goodbye to HTC, Verizon, Garmin, and Time Warner Cable.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Do you possibly have one or more voice mails sitting in your Verizon voice mail? Sounds like the message waiting indicator.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

AkronM

Reaction score
Two tones when pressing Answer and Call

Do you possibly have one or more voice mails sitting in your Verizon voice mail? Sounds like the message waiting indicator.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

If by "Verizon voice mail" you mean the regular voice messaging on my phone when I press #86, I have no unheard messages. I am familiar with the Notifications that can be seen and heard when a new message or voice mail arrives. These tones are very different and not a kind of "notification" you can select or setup when you define your notification preferences in Settings. I wish I could post these tone sounds so everyone could hear what I'm talking about. If you're referring to another type/place for voice messages, please tell me where that is. By the way, I'm running Android 2.3.4 on Verizon HTC Incredible (the original Incredible model). Thank you for your comments.