Clock - Calendar - Time Zones

pilot25

Reaction score
Regarding the clock on the droid:

If you are in California and you set an appointment on your calendar for 12:00pm for some future date. Then you fly to NY, the droid clock resets to local time, will that calendar appointment now be set to 3:00pm.

I fly a lot and have found my appointment times change but I'm not sure if it's because of the time zone changes.

vanwas

Reaction score

If you are in California and you set an appointment on your calendar for 12:00pm for some future date. Then you fly to NY, the droid clock resets to local time, will that calendar appointment now be set to 3:00pm.

I fly a lot and have found my appointment times change but I'm not sure if it's because of the time zone changes.

I fly a lot too... for a living and had this happen last week...
It shows the appointment at the local time adjusted from the original time zone... but if you go to the google calendar site online, it still shows the correct time for your home time zone. (confused?)

If I set an appointment for 9:00 am EST and fly to California, the phone will the show the appointment for 6:00am local. But on the google calendar web site, it still shows 9:00am.

Long story short... it keeps the appointment at the same "time" but adjusts for local time.

OP
pilot25

pilot25

Reaction score

It shows the appointment at the local time adjusted from the original time zone... but if you go to the google calendar site online, it still shows the correct time for your home time zone. (confused?)

If I set an appointment for 9:00 am EST and fly to California, the phone will the show the appointment for 6:00am local. But on the google calendar web site, it still shows 9:00am.

Long story short... it keeps the appointment at the same "time" but adjusts for local time.

Thanks...That's annoying. I guess the solution would be to change the time setting to stay in one location as opposed to setting the network time when you land.

OP
pilot25

pilot25

Reaction score

Do you put your "legs" schedule on your phone?

I put my flight legs in the notes section on the droid downloaded to outlook from a crew scheduling program. However the legs get all jumbled up.

Ex.

FLT OUT IN BLK PAY
123 JFK LAX 5:30 6.10
16:25 22:05

when it goes into the calendar program and on the full PC calendar the fields aren't aligned as they aren't above. There is no way to set a tab like on MS Word.

What do you do?

I used to work with the guy who started logbook pro and his newsletter said they should have one for Android coming mid next year.

Last edited:

apache

Reaction score
I guess the solution would be to change the time setting to stay in one location as opposed to setting the network time when you land.

(Same problem here.)

How can one do this without disabling maps localization? To have GPS/map localization on is desirable, but auto-adjusting time zones (and changing appointment times) is definitely not.

bodean

Reaction score

Do you put your "legs" schedule on your phone?

I put my flight legs in the notes section on the droid downloaded to outlook from a crew scheduling program. However the legs get all jumbled up.

Ex.

FLT OUT IN BLK PAY
123 JFK LAX 5:30 6.10
16:25 22:05

when it goes into the calendar program and on the full PC calendar the fields aren't aligned as they aren't above. There is no way to set a tab like on MS Word.

What do you do?

I used to work with the guy who started logbook pro and his newsletter said they should have one for Android coming mid next year.

Commercial Pilot here. I miss logbook pro. Hopefully it comes out soon.

BPB

Reaction score
So does anyone know how to keep your calendar appointments in a designated time zone when you travel? Seems like you should be able to get the local time and GPS for where you are now, but keep your appointments for a different time zone.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks...That's annoying. I guess the solution would be to change the time setting to stay in one location as opposed to setting the network time when you land.
The current approach makes sense to me -- especially if I have a conference call scheduled. Not using network time would be one workaround. I'll bet that with enough interest an app could be developed as well. I've seen the very same complaint from many Blackberry users who don't want their calendar entries adjusted for time zone changes but I don't think they even have the potential for a fix like Droid users do.