Clicking/sticking sound from screen when typing?

kms1325

Reaction score
I've noticed recently that when touching the screen of my droid, it makes a clicking sound like the screen is getting stuck when pressed.

Anyone else experiencing this?

It's not effecting the performance, just really annoying.

metasin

Reaction score
This is the only complaint I have about my phone. I seems the sliding mechanism is loose and taps when you press slightly harder than normal on the screen. It is odd since I hardly use the physical keyboard. I did have the verizon gel case on it for awhile and I think that taking it off pulled the screen loose? There is no play if the case is on. Just a theory.

OP
K

kms1325

Reaction score
It's nothing with the physical keyboard, just on the touchscreen. No one else having this issue?

toddj

Reaction score
I have noticed mine making that click noise as well. I thought it was the speaker giving back electronic interference of a sort, but it was just a theory as well. It only does it when I use it, and does it when i'm using the touch screen, so it does make sense that the screen is making some sort of noise.

Wish I could get it fixed, it's driving me a little crazy

Reaction score
Does it sound like a click or more like a tap? It might be caused by the design of the phone. There is a tiny gap between the outer screen and the actual screen.

justbob

Reaction score
Dumb question: Do you have the keyboard sound effects turned on?

ToddClark

Reaction score
lol, that was the first thing that popped into my mind too, bob.

are you guys sure you dont have the "audible selection" turned on in your Sounds and Display menu? If you turn that on, then everytime you tap it, you hear a "clicking" noise. Its just an audible to let you know that you indeed activated whatever you were tapping. You CAN turn that off. I had it on when i first got the phone, it got irritating, so i turned it back off.

toddj

Reaction score
it's not the audible feedback sound, that doesn't bother me. its between my selections, i can hear this little popping noise that is distinct from the loose screen tapping on the keyboard sound.

toddj

Reaction score
It actually sounds very similar to the sound the unlock/power button makes when you push it, except i'm not pushing it.

onetime

Reaction score
Hey man old thread here but I just started noticing the clicking sound as well im not sure what it is but it sound like as if it is a computer thinking...or like when you first turn your camera on but it is driving me crazy as well did any one find a solution for it? Or is my phone messing up

bulldog317

Reaction score
Clicking or sticking on the left half of the screen

I just started to notice that on my droid too. It seems to be on the left half of the screen when the screen is closed. Like you said it does not hurt the performance of the phone but it is annoying. I do have the otterbox case on mine and I can still feel it. I have read and it is similar to what the BB storm screen feels like at times.

chuckoneil

Reaction score
Yeah, bringing back an old thread but better than starting a new one.

Mine is has gotten loose so that when i tap the left half of the screen it hits the keyboard causing the noise, its gotten super annoying, and when i pull the screen out just so that its halfway covering the dpad, it can move side to side at the edges

I purchased my phone in December, can i still trade it in for a new one?

scotth

Reaction score
Solution

I had this issue also just a few days after buying my Droid and it drove me crazy. I realized that it was caused by the screen hitting the keyboard underneath (I slipped a piece of paper in between the two to confirm). It seems like a common problem, and I "solved" it by buying a Seido Innocase Surface case. It does not really add any bulk to the phone and the way the top piece attaches stops the clicking (it snaps over the screen and rests b/w the screen and the keyboard section). The case is very popular on this forum and should fix your issue.