clear search history on market

tsutphin

Reaction score
What is rooted?

That wont work. Seems there is no way currently to clear that history unless you root the device and use a cache cleaner for rooted devices.

i tried it for kicks, didn't work. swype still shows up ;)
Happy to report that there is a way to clear market history
Download "cashemate" from the market install hit the menue button go to settings. Last option is Data click on it, select market history, go back and hit the circle clear, and tada you just cleared the invincible market history.
One note, you have to be rooted and have SU permissions.
Enjoy

What does rooted mean?? Because I followed all of these directions and my history is still there. Thanks

Reaction score
On the bottom of the phone, tap the bars for the Search/notifications/add/wallpaper/SETTINGS .... click on the SETTINGS.... Then scroll down to SEARCH... Then, CLEAR SEARCH SHORTCUTS.

That worked for me.... (after working for hours trying to figure it out).

I'm still having trouble with the HI YAHOO... I just don't like not being able to stay on messenger when you receive a call. (I'm using the meebo app, which disconnects you every time you get a call). Anyone having luck with using the HI YAHOO?

Reaction score
I really don't understand how the droid is able to do all this stuff yet you can't delete the freaken market place history....

You would think they would give you a bigger book with the droid, to show you how to do things. I know we use to get them with other phones. Mine came with a little pamphlet that only shows the basics... STILL Not enough to figure it out..LOL

LordNikon

Reaction score
Go to the market and download "History Eraser". It works great and you don't have to root.

dogthehunter

Reaction score
Right on LordNikon history eraser works great, it erases market searchs and browser history as well. Dog

mcclane

Reaction score
try home - settings - applications - manage applications - menu - filter - all - market - clear cache

That wont work. Seems there is no way currently to clear that history unless you root the device and use a cache cleaner for rooted devices.

I've had my Droid X for a week now, & been getting the server error message every time.
Clearing the Market-cache did it for me. Finally got to download the iSync program.
Many thanks to the forumites for helping. I would have NEVER figured that mess out.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
once in a while clearing an apps data/cache helps out. for example, if the gmail app ever stops automatically refreshing, clear "gmail storage" data

malibu3105

Reaction score
Solutions without rooting please...

Rooting my D2 is not a solution. Seems there should be a better way.
I hope this gets fixed soon.

How is it that the developers missed this?.... duh