Clean ROM?

acanfield

Reaction score
Any suggestions for a clean basic ROM with all settings but no flash? Kinda like Win2k settings in Win7. I need the functions but don't need fancy icons.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

acroanidd

Reaction score
I would probably say Bugless Beast. Mind you I have yet to try it on my wife's Droid Incredible. However I have used Bugless Beast on the OG droid for as long as I have had the phone. Peter Alfonso just released it Saturday and I just found out about it this morning. It is an AOSP ROM and therefore has none of the flash that you would get from things like Sense. Only catch is the camcorder doesnt work (that is the only known issue right now on the Incredible). He just started ROM'ing the Inc as of recently so there may be bugs. However all of his other releases are top notch.

Peter Alfonso: Download: Bugless Beast (V. GPA18) Android 2.3.7

google123

Reaction score
CyanogenMod? I'm using CM7.1 Stable on my Incredible. No bloat, all go. Nice.

Last edited:
OP
A

acanfield

Reaction score
Cool. Thinking about CM 7.1.

Is it is safe to install from ROM Manager or should I do it manually?

google123

Reaction score
I have always installed ROMs manually. I haven't been ROMing for very long though. Still, I have seen people talk about the only thing they would use ROM Manager for would be to udpate recovery and maybe, maybe, just maybe, run a backup, although, they don't trust doing even that with it for some reason. :blink:

google123

Reaction score
Peter Alfonso has another build for the Incredible on his website. I'm happy with CM7.1 but I may take Bugless Beast for a spin. :D

acroanidd

Reaction score
CM7.1 is good, I used it for a while on my Droid, I have been using it on my Nook Color for a while too (well maybe not the .1, but cm7)... That being said, I primarily install the roms manually on my Droid and Incredible.. the Nook Color though I always have a hell of a time getting into the recovery so I just use ROM Manager and I have never had a problem. I suppose it is just what you feel more comfortable with.

OP
A

acanfield

Reaction score
Appreciate the suggestions. Just installed CM 7.1. Took about 5 min and went smooth. The file is about 1/3 the size of Business Gingersense so maybe it wont drag down my Incredible.

OP
A

acanfield

Reaction score
Feel compelled to update that after a week of CM7.1 it feels like I have a new phone. The ROM is tight and the custom settings are deep. Thanks for a great product.