Citrus Root

Reaction score
I got my daughter one of these, I'm sure I'll have to return it as it keeps locking up. Anyone going to root this anytime soon? I would love to be able to put custom roms on this. The 2.1 o.s. on this sucks and really needs some work to be a good phone. it would also be nice if you had SU to remove some of the crap apps that come with the phone. Thanks! :)

kmulliger

Reaction score
Rooted Citrus

I was able to root my wife's Citrus using SuperOneClick v1.5.4, you can download it from XDA or just by doing a Google search. I am still looking to for a 2.2 ROM for the thing, but haven't found anything yet.

OP
treefrog20012003
Reaction score
Thank you for the info it worked just like it should have. I would have preferred the droid method as I am more comfortable with it but it got the job done. Now all I have to do is learn the commands to remove the bloatware on it and it will be a good phone. I do agree that froyo would be awesome on this phone, a little slow for some apps but it works. Thanks again.

Droid I- Rom, crap which one did I load again?

OP
treefrog20012003
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, I did have to replace the phone, it was defective from the start. The new one works great and is rooted.

Droid I- Rom, crap which one did I load again?

kmulliger

Reaction score
Try this...

Download Titanium Backup from the App Market and under settings make sure Chuck Norris mode is enabled. Then, delete the bloatware. Worked on my Droid and my wife's Citrus. Hope this helps. BOL!

billjohnson

Reaction score
I finally got the wife's in and I think I'll root it this evening. Anyone find a decent 2.2 ROM for it yet?

billjohnson

Reaction score
Alrighty got the Citrus rooted and all the junk cleaned off. Now I'm searching endlessly for at least a generic Elcair kernel that will allow me to overclock this thing.....Any ideas anyone?

Soldier610

Reaction score
The citrus doesn't have 2.2 software

Sent from my WX445 using DroidForums App

billjohnson

Reaction score
Right but I was hoping that someone had maybe ported some elements or something. I'm still looking for an overclocked Eclair kernel though.

lissababy

Reaction score
If you root the citrus I highly suggest you don't try changing the system fonts because I rooted mine z4root and it was working great! I went to go change the system font downloaded an app to do so and changed it, it needed to reboot because of changes and BOOM stuck in a boot loop. 3 days later still searching all over the internet for an update.zip file because it's asking for one in system recovery mode. The bad part is that it's not even my phone, it's verizon's phone and i have to return it in 4 days so that I don't get charges of $120 extra dollars a month on my bill because I'm waiting on my Samsung Fascinate Galaxy S to come back from stupid ass best buy! :( very stressed. Just keep your stock fonts.

billjohnson

Reaction score
If you need I can send you the stock SBF file? By the way I never change fonts on any of my devices so that'a non-issue.