Circle Launcher and Swipepad

Reaction score
Not sure how many people follow Droid-Life but last week they had a post for an app called Circle Launcher. It a widget that allows you to access apps easier while on your homescreens. You just press the widget and the selected apps because selectable in a circle or a virtical or horizontal line. I know I am not explaining this to well. Check out the OP up at Droid-Life for a better one.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/01/14/circlelauncher-is-easily-the-app-of-the-week/

While you are there also look at Swipepad. This one allows you access a menu of select apps by using a swipe pattern on the screen.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/01/17/swipepad-beta-brings-access-to-your-favorite-android-apps-from-everywhere/

Both apps are worth checking out and can be picked up for free. Sorry for no screens. Its not possible while I am at work

Reaction score
Yes, I downloaded SwipePad Beta. It runs fast and smooth, though at first I experienced slow Miui launcher redraws, but after a reboot and continued use the redraws stopped.

It’s a real nice app that provides another layer of fast targeted and efficient multitasking function, and does so via a preset swipe gesture from within any open app. The gesture can be set to originate from the bottom left/right corners, the bottom edge, left edge, or right edge of your screen. It can be set to display up to 12 preferred apps or shortcuts.

When I first read about it on DL I thought it was redundant – given the existing multitasking recent apps affords from within any app via the home button long press; but the fact that it can be programed to open up to 12 specific apps or shortcuts from within any app makes it unique. It offers additional multitasking function.

That is it shows only the pre-sets works well and helps me. Naturally, I set up the apps that I need to have consistent get quick access to during business multitasking.

It’s a great app! Definitely worth checking out, especially if you do serious business-related multitasking. It is an excellent example of why we love the Android OS.

It also has an add-on link called Tasking; a SwipePad add-on, which I’ve yet to look into.