Christmas Ruined By iPhone

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, we had a wonderful Christmas here in Baton Rouge, except for one "spirit crushing" issue. My grandson wanted an iPhone 4 !! I pulled out all the big guns to convince him he wanted an Android phone. I showed him my rooted and "hacked to within an inch of it's life" Droid. I took him to the Verizon store and showed him the X, Dinc, Fascinate, D2, etc., etc. I showed him all the themes available. Nothing!! His friends all have iPhones and he would not be denied! I was humbled.

Sometimes in life you find things that you have to do whether you like it or not. You don't have to enjoy it, you just have to do it. I BOUGHT AN iPHONE 4!!!!!:redface:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
All I have to say is my grandson would of been disappointed....

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Goes to show you why the iphone has mass appeal.

Peer pressure.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This reminds me of a certain youtube video :)

I don't care! I want an iPhone 4!

B

bthomp21

yup, if all the cool people are doing it, he has to too. poor guy, one day hell realize the truth!!!! haha

tyler.norton360

Reaction score
I came over to vzw after my contract with at&t ended.I had a iPhone 3GS I got a Dinc in July. I can say I will never ever recommend a iPhone to anyone. Verizons smartphones are so much superior then anyone elses. I feel bad for the poor kid.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Well, we had a wonderful Christmas here in Baton Rouge, except for one "spirit crushing" issue. My grandson wanted an iPhone 4 !! I pulled out all the big guns to convince him he wanted an Android phone. I showed him my rooted and "hacked to within an inch of it's life" Droid. I took him to the Verizon store and showed him the X, Dinc, Fascinate, D2, etc., etc. I showed him all the themes available. Nothing!! His friends all have iPhones and he would not be denied! I was humbled.

Sometimes in life you find things that you have to do whether you like it or not. You don't have to enjoy it, you just have to do it. I BOUGHT AN iPHONE 4!!!!!:redface:

Thats still a nice story and very cool of you to do. I'm sure he must have been thrilled!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score

Peer pressure.

All I could think of in that responce was:

Lemmings - will go get what others have because of peer pressure.

Dodos - went by the way side because they acted like lemmings.

So, sooner or later the iphone will go by the way of the dodo. But it is up to each and every one of us to demonstrate the power of android to those less fortunate. :)

B

bthomp21

Peer pressure.

All I could think of in that responce was:

Lemmings - will go get what others have because of peer pressure.

Dodos - went by the way side because they acted like lemmings.

So, sooner or later the iphone will go by the way of the dodo. But it is up to each and every one of us to demonstrate the power of android to those less fortunate. :)

Lol, exactly. I don't usually argue with iphone users because i know its a great simple phone. but i always refer back to apples commercial during the superbowl to "break away from the norm." now jobs wants each phone to be the same with little customization. oh the irony.

mmobley

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Good story. Made me smile.

What a nice grandparent.

Its still a very nice phone even tho no android os.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
On second thought, you could get him started on jailbreaking the little bugger .... :)

james773

Reaction score
Sometimes in life you find things that you have to do whether you like it or not.

yep, bro, you are right about this

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice to see the kid got what he wanted!

...however it highlights the 'sheep' mentality :)