Christmas Come Late?! Xposed Framework Now Available On Lollipop!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The only downside to rooting your Lollipop device until now has been the fact that you would lose your Xposed Framework. This weekend the creators of Xposed have released a Lollipop compatible version. If you are unfamiliar with Xposed it essentially allows you to add all of the same mods to your device that are found in popular roms, while on the stock rom as long as you are rooted. You can also apply mods that are just not included in your current rom. ART (Android Run Time) found in Lollipop really threw a big wrench in the development of Xposed for Framework. The added time spent in research, development, and testing due to ART is a big reason for why the release took so long. The developer states that most Xposed Modules that worked with KitKat should work with Lollipop. This is an Alpha build, but everything should be working just fine. Head to the link below for full release notes and the download link.

via XDA

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Would love a Developer's Edition of the Turbo. I think the Nexus 6 is a fine phone, but is just to damn big for me *(as are the Note and other Phablets).

Maybe we will get something from the Moto Maxx, but I doubt it.

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
This is the one thing that has kept me updating my Nexus 7 to Lollipop. Great news!

I am reluctant to install on my Nexus 4, however, as I'm not only running low on memory, Lollipop is somewhat unstable on both of the Nexus 4s in the house. Random shutdowns, and some other random quirks, are making me want to move back to KitKat until they decide to update with a newer build.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad it is here waiting for it to leave alpha and beta status though and awaiting more mods.