Choosing a Verizon Droid - Opinions Requested

jdklove18

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm up for an upgrade on the 18th of November and am looking for some help/opinions. I can't wait to get rid of my Thunderbolt, the stupid piece of crap. I've done a fair bit of research, but I'm hoping some of you have hands on experience or a little more knowledge than me.

I'm not uneducated about phones, so I'm looking for honest opinions (and more detail is better). I've been leaning toward the SGSIII, moto razor maxx HD, or the moto razor M. Are there others I should be considering? I'll have this phone until my next upgrade in 22 months, so I want to make sure I'm not too behind the technology when I actually purchase the phone.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I didn't see a better place than the Verizon forum. I couldn't find any other postings with this information, but if there is one, just point me in the right direction please! :biggrin:

xtor

Reaction score
I have a razr and love it, the s3 is a great phone too, both are great phone's, comes down to what you like, good luck

point of origin

xtor

Reaction score
The battery on the razr last longer, and moto has better antenna

point of origin

Xander Crews

Reaction score
This is what I did before I decided on the Rezound back in June.
  • Research the specs on the phones that interest you. (gsmarena.com ...love that site.)
  • Read reviews (cnet, engadget, etc) and read user comments in forums...ask questions (what you're doing now).
  • Make a pros & cons list for each phone.
  • Decide what specs are most important TO YOU. (battery life, does it have a removable battery, screen size, thickness of phone, quality of screen, quality of camera, price, etc, etc.)
  • Go to the Verizon store and try out the phones.
  • Mull it over for at least a couple days...sleep on your decision. Go back to the Verizon store at least one more time and try out the phones again to validate your decision.
  • Enjoy new phone.
I rather enjoyed my research and time at the Verizon store. I shoo'd away the Verizon rep when I was trying out the phones in the store. I knew more than he did about them because I went over the specs in detail, read all of the reviews and whatnot. I knew what I was looking at...I was just trying to decide on what is best for me. I didn't need a stupid sales pitch for the phone they were trying to move that month.Good luck.

t35rk

Reaction score
If you you are on an unlimited data plan and want to keep it, you need to buy used or unsubsidized, keep in mind. Either way the GS3 can satisfy for more than 2 years. I'm sure mine will.