Chevy Kernals on MIUI

LewD1

Reaction score
New to MIUI (coming from Chevyno1 SS) been using it for almost a week and I'm loving it.

I've read here on the forum that Chevy Kernals work with MIUI, but I am new to flashing Kernals. I have one saved on my sd.

My question is, how do I flash and apply it? The stock 800mhz Kernal is a little too slow for my taste and was hoping to speed up MIUI so I can enjoy it even more.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Just flash it in recovery like a regular rom. I hear the medium voltage kernels work the best.

OP
LewD1

LewD1

Reaction score
I tried flashing it in recovery and it said it completed. I try reboot and it wont go past the M. I've tired wiping data cache, but the only way i can get back is to flash the MIUI rom. Is the kernal suppose to show up under phone info if it is successfully loaded?

EDIT: got it working after battery pull.

chewy74

Reaction score
the medV ran too hot for me...uLV has always been good to my phone and i have the 1100mhz

i switch between that and deprimed tweaked to 1100mhz

Trigger

Reaction score
I'm also extremely new to MIUI.US, I just flashed it today. I also flashed the Chevy LV 1100mhz kernel because I wanted a little more snap out of my MIUI.US. Is there a way to change the overclock settings from the ROM itself or do we just have to use SetCPU?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nu2droid

Reaction score
I believe you are going to have to use a third party app.
Setcpu didnt work for me, I downloaded "System Tuner" (free from the market) and it works real well.

OP
LewD1

LewD1

Reaction score
I'm using droid overclock. Worth the 2 3 bucks or whatever it costs, especially for the profiles.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
SetCPU has worked for me and I have been rolling with Chevy 1100 mediums.
No frills CPU also performs perfectly and is for the low low price of nada, but mind you, no frills.
Me, I like frills, usually on one of my many fine suede jackets. I have many because the movie "Can't Buy Me Love" taught me that wine ruins suede. Nuff Said.

I have to say this is probably best build to date. I do wonder what is behind the mysterious non-existent update that interrupts all automated recovery functions.

Best work around has been power off, then x and power to boot into recovery. Not that the false update has caused issues but no need to be the unlucky first.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

DroidTank

Reaction score
I'm havin the same prob, i flashed the kernel in clockwork, but still can't everclock in setcpu/system tuner. flashed chevy 1.25, 1.2 tried both nothing is working

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
A little off topic but you know you can get setcpu free, right? Its not "stealing" the app either...the developer has it posted free in xda forums...look in the steeldroid forum for the sticky free apks for everyone

supercharged modified simply stunning 5.5 w/turbocharged 3g
Chevyno1 ulv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
honeycomb 3D theme
19.8 linpack score

Edit: however, if you get the free version and really like it, please feel free to purchase it in the market to support the developer and you'll get automatic updates like normal apps installed from the market :)