Cheapest or Best Place to Buy a Galaxy?

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
Cheapest or Best Place to Buy a Galaxy? $499 plus tax, $60 free movie credit, Costco.

Costco has them for $499 plus tax, and they give you $60 worth of free movies...They also have a 90 day, 100% customer satisfaction return warranty policy. You can pick them up inside the store I believe or order online. I was told by Costco that you would pay tax, it is shipped from WA to CA. Click link for ad: Mobile Phones with Free Shipping and Activation - Mobile Phone Plans from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless

$60 movie rebate ends Jan 8, 2011. Click link for ad: http://membershipwireless.com/Marke...xy_Tablet_Media_Hub_BlockBuster_Promotion.pdf

Here's the latest after what felt like hours on the phone between Verizon and Costco:

This is what Costco told me. (VZ referred me to Costco also because they said they did not know) Galaxy is $499 plus tax, and you must sign up for at least one month of data at a minimum of $20 billed later by VZ, activated inside the store, 90 day unconditional return policy, one year warranty from date of purchase (assuming replacement unit is mailed to you before you are required to return broken unit), no cancellation fee, $35 activation fee waived, service is with Verizon, after the one month is over you are free to discontinue using VZ Mobile Broadband and can then use it free at places that have free WiFi.

Can anyone else suggest other places that are better, cheaper...?

Last edited:
D

dankarlinski

$550 is cheap for a whole galaxy. lots of planets and such... lol

i think thats a pretty good deal overall. you can get it cheaper at verizon, but you are locked in a 2 year contract. however, with verizon, you have the option to add insurance incase something happens. can you get that at costco?

OP
A

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid so I don't really want to pay more for internet on the go. Can I tether the Droid to the Galaxy for free so I can see the internet on a bigger screen on the Galaxy?

Last edited:

johnny6speed

Reaction score

i think thats a pretty good deal overall. you can get it cheaper at verizon, but you are locked in a 2 year contract. however, with verizon, you have the option to add insurance incase something happens. can you get that at costco?

This is incorrect. The tablet at any Verizon store is $599. Also there is no contract and month to month 3g data service is as little as $20 for 1Gb.

D

dankarlinski

This is incorrect. The tablet at any Verizon store is $599. Also there is no contract and month to month 3g data service is as little as $20 for 1Gb.

guess i was wrong... i guess i should have used an actual example rather than comparing it to phones... oh well

Reaction score

COSTCO = Verizon basically they are selling it 4 them YES you have 30 days to add insurance through VZW.

I bought a sq trade warranty instead 90 with accidental damage no deductible..

Reaction score
Costco has them for $499 plus tax, and they give you $60 worth of free movies...They also have a 90 day, 100% customer satisfaction return warranty policy. You can pick them up inside the store I believe or order online. Mobile Phones with Free Shipping and Activation - Mobile Phone Plans from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless

$60 movie rebate ends Jan 8, 2011. http://membershipwireless.com/Marke...xy_Tablet_Media_Hub_BlockBuster_Promotion.pdf

Can anyone else suggest other places that are better, cheaper...?

Is this deal through samsung or a third party?

thanks

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid so I don't really want to pay more for internet on the go. Can I tether the Droid to the Galaxy for free so I can see the internet on a bigger screen on the Galaxy?

You can tether but it requires you to hack the tab to accept a ad-hoc connection. It can not be done out of the box.
The tab is $499 at best buy.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

johnny6speed

Reaction score
Johnny6speed

Don't you have the option to buy at a higher price with no contract or at a lower price with a 2 year contract?

No, with Verizon it is no contract, MTM data plan, 599.99 only. I know this because not only do I own one, I manage an independant agent Verizon store.

OP
A

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
Johnny6speed
No, with Verizon it is no contract, MTM data plan, 599.99 only. I know this because not only do I own one, I manage an independant agent Verizon store.

How much do you sell the Galaxy for at your store and what is your location in case a customer wants to purchase from you? Perhaps you can offer better service since you are a smaller store and can spend more time with the customer.

Last edited:

johnny6speed

Reaction score
My store is in Augusta, Maine. We sell the Gtab for 599.99 with MTM data service. Which is the same as any Verizon corporate store. Best Buy is insane for selling it for 499.99