Charged my phone using a fishy outlet and now my phone speakers emit static

scooby_pav

Reaction score
Hello people..i was recently on a train trip and was low on my phone battery(Lg Optimus L9,if that helps)..i found a power outlet on my train carrige and connected my phone to it..as soon as i connected my phone,my touch became unresponsive and was behaving wierdly(PS:I used my own charger that i have been using since ages)..in retrospect,i should have disconnected my phone then and there but i needed to charge my phone desperately..i used that outlet for charging my phone multiple times for about 5-6 hours (on and off)..now,while my phones touch screen has returned to normal,my speakers have gotten messed up..i keep hearing a static sound(hissing type) when i use it..it keeps returning to normal for some time and then gets messed up again..while talking on the phone,it hisses/cracks for some time then returns to normal for the rest of the call..same goes for playing music through the speakers..i tired removing the battery but that dosent work..any advice on how to proceed next?
TLDR:I charged my phone using a fishy outlet and now my phone speakers emit static/hiss randomly..what to do?
Any help would be appreciated

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
unfortunately it sounds like you partially damaged something in the hardware. short of figuring out what was damaged and replacing it, the problem will likely persist and possibly fail completely at some point.
sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

OP
S

scooby_pav

Reaction score
Aaah no probs buddy..my phone was damaged coz of my own stupidity..i am just looking at how to proceed from here..
I tried listening to music on my phone using headphones and the sound was ****ty(exactly as it plays on my phone with the "damaged" speakers)..also after some peroid of playing loud music,my speakers return to normal before getting messed up again..also i cant receive calls properly ie the other persons voice also appears messed up... Could this be coz of some static build up or is it likely to be permanent? Thanks again

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i seriously doubt the issues are anything less than permanent.