Charge only mode gone!!

KenWK

Reaction score
I'm definitely NOT alone in being VERY disappointed that the charge only mode is no longer available.

I've seen posts on other sites from people who at their office are not allowed to have devices connected to their computers, which is perfectly reasonable from an employers stand point. Now that charge only is missing they may face disciplinary action if they connect their phone.

I even saw one post where someone was so upset they were considering going to the dark side of Apple. For me my Droid would have to start eating my pants every time I put it on my hip before I'd consider an I-phone. :)

Can there possibly be a viable reason for removing the charge only feature?

Oy.

Thanks

Scribble

Reaction score
I love how people think that they can somehow change the way of things instantly by constantly threatening to "switch to Apple..." :p

toy4x4

Reaction score
Yeah I wish they hadn't screwed with this... Switching to MTP will prevent the SDcards from auto mounting but Win7 will still list the phone as a device in mycomputer...

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Charge only was a pretty ineffective method anyhow. USB only moves about 500 mah.

If you really wanted to plug your phone into a computer and just charge it, they make USB cables that only carry the electrical current and don't have the data pins. I'd suggest buying one of those. Otherwise, you're at a computer, which is next to an outlet. And that will charge your phone exponentially quicker.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Lol Vepaot. I have so many extra chargers, i keep one at work, since I'm next to an outlet...

But I agree, Corp PCs don't like when you plug in and have drivers attempt to install so that "feature"was handy in a pinch. ICS has a few things to get used to but its worth it IMO.

Sent from my Supasonic Bionic!

livinginkaos

Reaction score
My multi-tap outlet has a USB port for charging built in :biggrin:
The charge only cords are nice for the corporate option if you don't have an outlet/charger option - just be careful or you'll find yourself having the wrong cord when you need to flash that next leak :blink:

OP
K

KenWK

Reaction score
Yeah, Scribble, pretty funny.

Yeah, I know, multiple chords, outlet and all that. I just found the charge only mode very convenient. I just now have to unplug my phone when I want to read my ebook on my phone during lunch. Whew, life's a *****! ;o)

K10sity

Reaction score
This is unfortunate. Access to enhancing the phone experience seems to be limited and hampered by reducing the connection modes. How can we work around it to "unlock" or enhance the phone's capabilities?

OP
K

KenWK

Reaction score
Back for more *****in'. :eek:) Charge only mode seemed to have charged much quicker that the mass storage mode.

Would really love to see it returned.