Chaplain on Deck

Chaplain

Reaction score
Greetings, Chaplain here.

Been carrying a cellphone since 1995, but my new Droid Razr is the first 'smart' (?) phone. I'm not sure if it is a good idea to let our technology get faster or 'smarter' than we are; however, that is a philosophical topic probably left for another forum area.

My Dad was an 'electronics engineer' (called 'radio' when he entered the field in the 1940s), so I was raised playing with electrons. By the time the US Navy officially educated me in electronics I was bored in class. BS in computer science ('87), 23 years of USN/USNR service and ~20 yrs in VAX/VMS & WinTell systems analysis was enough technology. I have completed seminary training and am awaiting a Divine Call into a Lutheran (LC-MS) church. In the meantime, I do residential/small business IT contractual support to put groceries on the table.

Some experience in Unix/Ultrix systems admin, WinTell server side scripting as well as a few years in software development & database mgmnt makes me curious about the 'Big Brother' aspects/methods in the phone technology. Not to mention serious temptations to try my hand at scripting.

Chaplain

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Chaplain, you may have sparked a new interest for yourself in technology... it is a fun new world. Welcome to DF!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums Chaplain!! :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Big thanks for those years of service to our country!