Changing theme on droid 2 W/GB

JWACK

Reaction score
I want to change my theme on my Droid2. I have 2.3.3, Rooted with Liberty GB V0.9. have the new updates for the tool box. Down loaded Zip file to SD card,
went into recovery with bootstraper, went to zip form sd card. looked like it started to do its thing but, froze up for 20min. is there something i am doing wrong or am i missing some step. Or am i way off track & it can't be done on my phone. Thank for any help.

WACK

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you want themeing and you want it to be easy to switch from one theme to the next, you need to get on cm7. Plus there are literally 100's of themes dude. Liberty has maybe 8 tops?

Where did you get the theme you tried? The only ones in the toolbox are from liberty (froyo). You can't use them on the ota or liberty gb!

If you really want to stay on liberty, then find one of the liberty theme threads (I liked gingercomb juiced). Dl it. Now bootstrap into recovery and wipe cache. Then install the theme and reboot.

A liberty 3 just came out yesterday too. You may want to check that out as well.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ that was my favorite Liberty theme...

Boot Manager

OP
JWACK

JWACK

Reaction score
all the themes were in the new liberty rom tool box. if i go to cm7 can i wipe and load it or do i have to start from scrach.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since you're on GB, just wipe everything and install it. You also must install Gapps, or Google Apps (you can find those in the toolbox or there are update ones online). Also, do not use a bootstrap app once you are on CM7. It is built in so just hold the power button, select reboot and hit recovery.

Boot Manager

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
all the themes were in the new liberty rom tool box. if i go to cm7 can i wipe and load it or do i have to start from scrach.

No no. The theme chooser themes? Those are for cm7 based roms. That's why they won't work for you on liberty.

So, go into the toolbox and go to rom manager. Go to revs nightly. Choose the 10/19 one (the latest one is broke). Dl it. It will go into the rom toolbox/dl/revnumbers folder. Now dl the latest google apps.
Bootstrap into recovery
Wipe data, cache and dalvik
Install zip from sd
Choose the cm7 dl and install
Then install gapps
Then reboot

Once your on cm7, after you finish crying because you're sooooo happy, don't reinstall bootstrap. You don't need it. Recovery is now accessed by holding power and choosing reboot and then recovery.
Also, now you can use the theme chooser themes. You'll have a new app called theme chooser where all the ones you dl will go to. You can apply them with one click.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
? What's that?
Just wipe data, cache and dalvik.

If you mean factory reset, that's the same as wiping data.

OP
JWACK

JWACK

Reaction score
sorry, tried to shortcut - factory dadt