Changing Text Message Ring Tone to custom

deek

Reaction score
Okay, so I have figured out how to save my ring tones via text message.
You go to music player and save them as a ringtone, but the question is... How would I be able to use them as a ringtone for text messaging?

My downloaded tones do not show up. Is there a solution?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you make a folder on your SD card and name it media and inside of that folder you can make three files...one called "ringtones" one called "notifications" and one called "alarms" then drop the according MP3 files you want to use in there respective folders...then they will show up in your stock list of ringtones and notifications

OP
D

deek

Reaction score
If you make a folder on your SD card and name it media and inside of that folder you can make three files...one called "ringtones" one called "notifications" and one called "alarms" then drop the according MP3 files you want to use in there respective folders...then they will show up in your stock list of ringtones and notifications

Awesome!

Thanks for the quick response...

OP
D

deek

Reaction score
Actually, is there any way I can do this while the SD card is still in the phone? Accessing it via the drive from "My computer" won't allow me to do so.

Or do I have to access this by using the SD card separately?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
you should be able to use a file manager like Astro or Linda they are free in the Market and give you access to your SD card and the ability to make folders

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am glad you found this information helpful :)