changing phones and apps

heath223

Reaction score
I upgraded from an INC2 to Bionic yesterday and all my apps didn't download. I had the old market on my INC2 and the new one on my Bionic. How can I get all of them to load without having to do them individualy.

REMilk

Reaction score
When I upgraded from an OG Droid to the Droid 3, not all of the apps that I downloaded from the App Market, were identified as ones I used and automatically downloaded. Each of the purchased app were recognized and automatically downloaded, while the 'free' ones were hit or miss. It was aggravating that I had to manually identify and then download the apps that were not automatically downloaded.

In order to minimize this in the future, I began using Amazon AppStore for those apps that were available on that site. I will live with the fact that there is a several day delay for updates to apps in the AppStore.

I took advantage of this to do additional research and in many cases installed different vendor apps from those that I had installed on my Droid 1. With nearly 2GB of space for apps on the Droid 3 vs. 256 MB on the OG Droid, I was able to install apps on my Droid 3 that had additional features, as well as install new-to-me apps.

Enjoy,
Bob

Olmanrivah

Reaction score
This keeps me from upgrading my old Droid. It's taken me awhile to accumulate and tweak my Apps. I'm putting up with the low memory as long as I can.:blink:

REMilk

Reaction score
This keeps me from upgrading my old Droid. It's taken me awhile to accumulate and tweak my Apps. I'm putting up with the low memory as long as I can.:blink:

Based on my experience, I recommend that you not delay and upgrade. The benefits will far outweigh the working to avoid 'low memory' on your old Droid. However, if you have decided on a phone that is in the pipeline, but not yet available, I understand the reasons for your delaying. Remember, tomorrow brings newer, faster, and it is difficult to keep up.

The easiest thing to do when you get a new phone is to hold onto your current phone. Once the new phone is activated and the App Market was completed as much updating as it will do, review the apps on your old phone. This way you can see exactly the apps that you want or need for the old phone. You can then pick and chose the ones you want on your old phone. It is not that difficult!

Bob