changing main screen titles?

dsylvester83

Reaction score
Is there a way to change the name of the icons on the main screen?

For example:

1) "Inbox"... I want it to say "gmail"

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
No you can't change the text underneath an icon or app unfortunately....

But I'm curious what icon says "Inbox" underneath it?? Cause I don't have one that says that

OP
D

dsylvester83

Reaction score
My gmail says "Inbox" on the main screen (Icon is a little red tag) and when I go to the other icons (not on the main screen) my gmail says "Gmail" (Icon is an envolope with a red "M" coming out).

Nuklhed

Reaction score
Hey, you may have created a shortcut for it. I would delete it (Hold and move to trash can) and then go to your Apps drawer and put the Gmail icon onto your home screen.

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can with BetterCuts. I don't know for sure, I only played with it for like 10 mins before uninstalling it.

zandterman

Reaction score
Little tag icon sounds like a Gmail label shoutcut tag. You can delete that and add a link to the main Gmail app.

1) Delete - Long press the tag icon then drag to the drawer (now a trash can)

2a) Shortcut through home screen - Long press an empty area of the home screen, choose shortcuts>Applications>Gmail.

2b) Shortcut from the drawer - Open the drawer, find and long press the Gmail Icon, then drop on home screen

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok well its 4 months later so I am bumping this even tho it's a bit sloppy...

Does anyone know how to alter the text under the icon, aka the applications name? I am very picky about customizing everything on my phone. I would love this so stupid-named programs such as "Rehearsal Assistant" for recording audio could be altered to just be called "Recorder" or something like that... Any new thoughts all you hackers??

RevivaL

Reaction score
bump..i'm wondering this too. i don't want to pay $2 for the app that does it