Change "Talk" Login Username on Droid X

TechWtr29

Reaction score
This seems like a simple question but my searches have come up with no answer. When I first got my Droid, I registered with an old, little-used gmail account. Now that I've created a new gmail account and forwarded all of my email there, I also want to use this to log onto Google Talk. I tried the following to change my Talk login on the Droid:

(1) In Talk > Setttings > More > Settings
- Turned off Automatically sign in
(2) In Talk > Settings > More > Sign out

After doing this, Talk closes. Yet, the next time I start the Talk application back up, it automatically logs me in using my old gmail account. I went to the Home > Settings > Accounts page, selected the old account and tried to remove it. But, I got an error that this can only be done by resetting the phone to original factory defaults.

All I want to do is to get Talk to log on using my new gmail account, and not the old one. Any suggestions?

Se7enLC

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a way to switch accounts in talk - it must just use the first one you addGo to Settings | Accounts & Sync

and remove your google account(s). Then re-add the google accounts, starting with the primary one (the one you want to use for talk). You shouldn't lose any data - email and everything should re-sync when you add it back in again.

See if that works.

OP
T

TechWtr29

Reaction score
When I go to Home > Settings > Accounts, select the account and then try to Remove it, I get the message:
" Do you really want to remove this account? ..."

When I click Remove account I get the message "This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data). You do that in the Settings application, under Privacy."