Change Boot Animation

atcjeff

Reaction score
I am trying to change my boot animation. It should be simple but it is driving me crazy. I want to install the R2D2 bootanimation. I have downloaded the file, copied it into data/local and no change. copied into system/media and the animation changed but not to the new one. It went from the CM6 boot animation to the 928 black glass boot animation. I have now deleted the bootanimation.zip file from system/media and only have the file in data/local but still get the 928 animation and not the new R2D2 animation. Anyone have suggestions on where else to look to change this file?

Bear in NM

Reaction score
ATC,

I have deleted the cm6 animation, and right now have none installed in data/local so I get a simple Android bar, so there is a default base one that is stored someplace hidden. If you have deleted the cm6 and are getting the 928, then I would try using root explorer or some such searching method for boot*.* and see what comes up. You also might try changing the permissions on the one you are putting in data/local to see if that helps.

Craig

Deuel

Reaction score
Sounds like the R2D2 boot animation is not named correctly. If you copied it to /data/local and it didn't overwrite the 928 boot animation, it's not named bootanimation.zip. Maybe it's mistakenly named bootanimation.zip.zip?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quite possibly the bootanimation.zip is zipped up within another .zip file and needs to be extracted first

Warrior

Reaction score
There is another bootanimation.zip within the r2d2 folder. That is the one you need.

TechJPC

Reaction score
I think you have to install the zip it through recovery with this bootanimation

kevdog

Reaction score
If you post the link to this boot animation, I'll troubleshoot. This is an easy problem.

Warrior

Reaction score
All I did was take the bootanimation.zip within the folder and put it in data/local. I now have the boot animation. The install might be for the sound that comes with it but the D1 cannot play sound on boot up so it doesn't matter.