Change blinking LED light to solid?

CrunchyCarrots

Reaction score
This is my first post here, so Hi everyone. I have a quick question, I recently went from the Droid X to the Droid X2 (Verizon replacement) I used to have a solid notification light, it was mainly just for Handcent, but it was also solid when my battery was dying, it would be a solid red. On missed calls, it would blink. Since I've updated its all been a blinking light, which frustrates me to no end. I can't fix anything in the handcent settings, that I can see, and I wanted to know if there was anything I could do to go back to solid. I know others have posted on LED settings before, but its usually because its solid, and they want it to blink.

A little info : Droid X2 AV: 2.3.3 (System version: 1.3.2) Non rooted.

Beka27

Reaction score
Light flow in the market... i think it's a dollar or two...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

CrunchyCarrots

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, I downloaded the Lite version from the market, it covered Handcent so I didn't need the paid yet. I have it enabled and the settings are set to keep the light on but its still blinking, any ideas?

Beka27

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the lite version, but on the paid version you open Light Flow, go to General Settings, LED Flash Rate, select Always On.

You can then set priority levels. So if a missed call is priority #1, and handcent is priority #2, the solid light will show you have a missed call instead of a text.

I have mine set to alternate notifications tho, so if I have a missed call, a text, an email, and a facebook message, mine will alternate red, purple, green, and blue. I like being able to know exactly what is on my phone before turning it on.

OP
C

CrunchyCarrots

Reaction score
That's what I wanted, to know exactly what's going on before I unlock my phone. I just spoke to the developer and he said that currently it only supports flashing on Motorola phones. He suggested that rooted phones usually are able to stay solid, so once I get my sd replacement from Motorola, I'm going to root. Thanks for your help. :)

Beka27

Reaction score
Oh good to know! I am rooted so I never even thought about that being the issue. Well, hopefully you can get it figured out!

daisypusher10

Reaction score
I have the same problem! I also downloaded the lite version and it has the option of "always on", however it for some reason keeps blinking. I think hancent might be interfering. I can't figure out why it won't stop blinking and its making me go insane, please help ):