Chamillionaire Speaks Out – Tells Google’s Design Lead That All Android Devices“Suck"

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Chamillionaire Speaks Out – Tells Google’s Design Lead That All Android Devices “Suck”

by Chris Chavez on July 29th, 2011 at 10:29 pm

TechCrunch was holding one of their tech conferences today called Mobile First Crunch Up. During one of the closing panels, Google’s design lead Matias Duarte was there representing Android, at one point saying the choice between Android and iOS is nothing more than preference (I would 100% agree).
Well, during the Q&A session, rapper extraordinaire, Chamillionaire took to the mic and let Duarte know exactly how he felt about Android saying, “I’ve used all these different devices, they suck.” Apparently, Mr. Illionaire feels like there still hasn’t been a single Android device released that can compare to his iPhone. This obviously drew a big reaction from the crowd and murmurs of, “Oh no he di’int!” could be heard across audience.
But Duarte didn’t let it phase him, he then explained to Chamillionaire that everyone has different tastes and that his competitors also make great products as well. Did that stop Chamillionaire? Not a chance. He demanded answers. He wanted to know which device he should use next. Duarte responded with, “I’m hoping that pretty soon we’re gonna have an android phone you’re gonna love," Clearly hinting at Google’s upcoming Nexus Prime (Using my psychic powers passed onto to me at birth, I will add what else he was thinking, “and it will melt the grill right off your face.”)
When TechCrunch asked Duarte which device he was using at the moment, he said it was the Nexus S and Chamillionaire agreed to drop a couple bills on it. We’ll have to wait and here his thoughts at a later time (need to charge my psychic powers). But what do you guys think of Chamillionaire’s statement? Would you even want a phone that Chamillionaire would deem worthy of his iced out hands? Maybe he needs Android to provide a native police scanner app so the po-po’s don’t catch him ridin’ dirty…

[video=youtube;N9qYF9DZPdw]http://youtu.be/N9qYF9DZPdw"]"Weird Al" Yankovic - White & Nerdy - YouTube[/video]

Source: Phandroid

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah I just posted it bc of the. Imagination put into it

This Thread Has Been Thunder Struck By WoZzYs ThunderBolt

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

It's definitely interesting. We will see if it pans out to anything. Using young rappers to target the younger generations could be a good move.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

It's definitely interesting. We will see if it pans out to anything. Using young rappers to target the younger generations could be a good move.

9 times out of 10 those are the only moves google make

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Someone hand him a Droid 1 with MIUI loaded up on it :laugh:
Let's see what he makes outta that.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well it all goes back to my original though that iOS is for people that can't figure out android. guess that still applies :)

kristoff125

Reaction score
well it all goes back to my original though that iOS is for people that can't figure out android. guess that still applies :)

That's what I always figured, iOS is for people who don't know how to use a phone, but insist on having a smartphone.

nikecar

Reaction score
I'm surprised he even knows how to use a phone.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

That's what I always figured, iOS is for people who don't know how to use a phone, but insist on having a smartphone.

so you're smarter than every iPhone user is essentially what you're saying here, no?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A rapper doesn't like an os because it causes them to have to think.
Now why am I not surprised?

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone really going to take criticism from a guy that calls himself Chamillionaire

Lol true and he's a horrible rapper he's not even really that big in my mind

Sent from the 3rd dimension with root and S-Off!

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Hilarious comments in here....

Chamillionaire made a large chunk of his following thanks to the internet. Releases his mixtapes through his website that he had a huge hand in building. Of course, even has his own iphone app.

But I guess since he's a rapper he has to be an idiot (though he is credit wise close to finishing college if he needed that piece of paper...)

Crackin'..me..up!!!!