Chainfire3D

Batman8

Reaction score
Hey has anyone been able to use Chainfire3D successfully on your Galaxy Note 2? I'm obviously rooted and running stock on a Verizon GN2 but the last time I tried CF3D, it soft bricked my device. Has anyone gotten it to work, and if so, did you have to do anything special?

Thanks.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
I am on the latest OTA with root and an unlocked bootloader. However, I am still very skeptical about using CF3D again since it bricked my device last time. I am now just wondering if it was something that I did wrong or maybe something has changed since then that makes it work better these days. I'm just looking for someone who could confirm that it's working (both on Jelly Bean and on the Galaxy Note 2) so that I know that it's worth the trouble to attempt it again.

Thanks for the reply.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Apologies I misread before.. I just read the app.. It's not jellybean compatible.. I don't feel it's something needed you have all you need with unlocked and rooted phone..

⚡Take Note2 BK's here.. ⚡

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Apologies I misread before.. I just read the app.. It's not jellybean compatible.. I don't feel it's something needed you have all you need with unlocked and rooted phone..

⚡Take Note2 BK's here.. ⚡

I don't actually have all I need because I am trying to run Tegra 3 software and I need to emulate it using Chainfire3D but I guess I can't use it anymore since both my GS3 and Note2 are both on Jelly Bean 4.1.1. I really wish the Dev of CF3D would update his app to work on JB (I did send him an email message asking but have gotten no response). I think CF3D is really only 100% compatible with OS up to Gingerbread. There are a few folks that said they have had success running it on ICS but not many (and I wonder which devices they're on too, which makes a difference as well).

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I'm on a Bionic. 246 ics and I can run black ops zombies in my phone so chain fire works for me

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
I'm on a Bionic. 246 ics and I can run black ops zombies in my phone so chain fire works for me

Thanks for the reply. I still have my Bionic too, which still runs Chainfire3D with no problem either, but that's because I too have left my Bionic on ICS. It's Gingerbread and Jelly Bean that seem to be problematic when it comes to CF3D. That's why I'm curious if anyone has gotten it (CF3D) to run on a Note 2 with JB. I think the dev has stopped updating Chainfire altogether. The last update was in 2011 and he doesn't even respond to email.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I still have my Bionic too, which still runs Chainfire3D with no problem either, but that's because I too have left my Bionic on ICS. It's Gingerbread and Jelly Bean that seem to be problematic when it comes to CF3D. That's why I'm curious if anyone has gotten it (CF3D) to run on a Note 2 with JB. I think the dev has stopped updating Chainfire altogether. The last update was in 2011 and he doesn't even respond to email.

It's an amazing app or runs games on my Bionic that would never run without it... Like black ops zombies...

JayBusa102709

Reaction score

It bothers me that there are games not able to be used on the Bionic even though the hardware is more then capable

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
It bothers me that there are games not able to be used on the Bionic even though the hardware is more then capable

I COMPLETELY understand that! I have felt the same way with many of my devices that I know are capable of handling titles that just aren't made for them. That's why I really wish CF3D worked on my GS3 & Note 2. The problem with using my Bionic for anything other than streaming movies to my TV is that the screen feels way too small now that I have gotten used to bigger ones, but otherwise it is still a powerful device.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I was trying forever to get black ops zombies working or isn't made for Bionic I finally got our working with Chainfire and sideloading

shawndroid

Reaction score
OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Shawndroid,

Thanks a million for your post with positive information on CF3D on Jellybean!! This is the first that I have seen of it even close to working on anything past ICS. However, I am still a bit hesitant to try this right away.

Has anyone been able to prove that it works on a device like a Galaxy Note 2 (VZN version)? Thanks.

B.

shawndroid

Reaction score
back up your rom and try it

Shawndroid,

Thanks a million for your post with positive information on CF3D on Jellybean!! This is the first that I have seen of it even close to working on anything past ICS. However, I am still a bit hesitant to try this right away.

Has anyone been able to prove that it works on a device like a Galaxy Note 2 (VZN version)? Thanks.

B.

lets face the fact @batman8 if pple are scared of taken steps no 1 will move foward so y dnt u back up your rom and take that step .......gimme me feed back cus m working on sumthing better