Cease and Desist

coolkidd

Reaction score
tha]-[acksaw;80106 said:
Does anyone know how to backup an app like Beautiful Widgets? How the heck do you extract it from the phone?

You can use the Astro File Manager and it will create the .apk file for you...

In some way, I knew this is coming... Hopefully it will not get ugly and turn into a lawsuit.

tha]-[acksaw

Reaction score
tha]-[acksaw;80106 said:
Does anyone know how to backup an app like Beautiful Widgets? How the heck do you extract it from the phone?

You can use the Astro File Manager and it will create the .apk file for you...

In some way, I knew this is coming... Hopefully it will not get ugly and turn into a lawsuit.

Thanks dood! I'll give it a shot.

Since I don't see the app in the Market any more, I'm guessing the Dev took it down. Does anyone know if Verizon will remove the apps from our phone? If so, will that basically mean that even if we back them up, we can't ever use them on the phone again without Verizon freaking out or re-deleting the app?

Thanks for any help with the matter!

Dragoro

Reaction score
Wonder if its ok for people to give it to other people now that its not for sale anymore. Id love to have it.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
that sux big time i managed to back up a copy of it but DROIDFORUMS.NET wont allow me to share it =[

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All the developers have to do is change around the coding, make them interact a tad bit different and they are no longer the same. There are also ways around the laws, if you've created something, if i remember correctly, someone only has to change 7 details about it before it's no longer your object. Just because something looks the same doesn't mean it is. But the main thing is they can't just steal the coding for it, and go off with that. They would pretty much have to start from scratch or almost from scratch.

I also agree that if it were a free app (beautful widgets) they wouldn't be here.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
tha]-[acksaw;80142 said:
I got ASTRO but I can't figure out how to extract or save or zip the app. It's not in the list.

open Astro > click Menu > Tools > Application Manager/Backup > select the app you want!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
All the developers have to do is change around the coding, make them interact a tad bit different and they are no longer the same. There are also ways around the laws, if you've created something, if i remember correctly, someone only has to change 7 details about it before it's no longer your object. Just because something looks the same doesn't mean it is.
IP law is a bit more complicated than that.

WTF?!?! Open platform?.... my a$$
:mad:
Open Platform doesn't mean "wild west free-for-all with no regard for the law".

Last edited: