CDMA Texting

utpxxx

Reaction score
I personally love the Miui texting app built into the rom, but i feel like its missing something. CDMA phones can only send texts at 160 characters at a time. This is fixed by handcent in a setting that it has. I'm not sure if Miui does this in its app. Can anyone tell me if it does or doesn't

mmitchell816

Reaction score
I've always wondered the same. but from my experience's I have never had any complaints about only partial messages. If some one knows for sure I would be interested in knowing to.

anton_spaz

Reaction score
I have had long texts get truncated by the time they hit their target. Specifically my wife's verizon dumphone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

KenBauer

Reaction score
I just tested the Texting, and it does split longer messages, but it doesn't do intelligent splitting like Handcent or GoSMS. So my test message was split right in the middle of a word.

DeeMat

Reaction score
That's good to know. Thank you KenBauer. I uninstalled Handcent last night so that I can give the MIUI text a go and so far so good.

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
You can always send an MMS, Just text and you can send a really long text without getting split messages