Cases & changing batteries

azbutch

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between two holster designs and have a question. I use my phone a fair amount and have to change batteries at least once a day. Does a hard case like the one on the following site fit over the standard back? i.e. do you have to remove it and then remove the standard back in order to change the battery?

HTC Droid Incredible Carrying Shell / Holster Combo

If so, I think I might lean to the one at

HTC Incredible Spring Clip Holster by Seidio

Let me add a little more to the question.............I have a leather holster that clips to my belt and sits horizontal and every time I re-holster the phone it hits the "on" button on the top and turns my phone on (after I intentionally turned it off). So... the holsters with the clip...does the clip cause the same problem. I notice that the spring clip holster that holds the naked phone clips on the same side as the "on" button.

Thanks again

which is just a Seido spring clip which just clips over your naked phone.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks
AZbutch

Last edited:

freddie

Reaction score
I'm not sure about that first case.. wish I could be of more of a help.

I ordered 2 TP2 1500mah batteries, and the Seidio Active case + holster. Have not received them yet, but my plan is to remove the case and swap out batteries as need be. Not 100% ideal but there weren't any case options for the HTC 2150mah battery, nor the Seidio 3500mah battery.

I'm more concerned about getting the phone's stock battery cover off so often without breaking it, than I am about removing the Seidio Active.