Case??

cece5702

Reaction score
Do both cases protect the face of the phone or do you use screen protectors?
The defender is the more rugged/bulkier case and has a hard shell with rubberized outer layer. The commuter is more slim with a rubberized inner part and harder outer shell. Both are excellent IMO.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Do both cases protect the face of the phone or do you use screen protectors?

They both come with some form of screen protector. Typically the defender has a built in one (sub par IMO) and the commuter comes with one you put on.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Would second the :icon_ peace:for the Otterbox Commuter case if you don't mind the boring black. Be sure to get the one designed for the Maxx. I'm sure the Defender offers more protection but I wouldn't want any more bulk/weight than the Commuter offers and with it I think I could use the Maxx as a hockey puck.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Got the defender and don't like it. The case protects the phone very well. The problem is the belt clip. It's not really easy to put phone in the clip, I have look at it I can't snap it in "blind". It does feel very good in the hand. Also pulling it out is also a bit problematic. I'm going to take it to work today and give it a good test. I really like how it covers all of the phone not just the sides. The kick stand belt clips works very well. The screen protector also scratches very easily, with a micro fiber cloth even!

PS Ouch! The belt clip/kick stand just snapped off the tip of one finger nail.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

OP
jkaod

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Seidio now has the Surface case for the Maxx up on their website as "coming soon". I've had their surface case on my TB and I really like it. Fairly slim design and the case had a very non-slippery feel to it. That's my main complaint with the Otterbox Commuter case, it's pretty slippery and I always think it's going to slide right out of my hand.