Case Problem

eaglefrq

Reaction score
I bought a Body Glove universal case with a magnetic closure. I've noticed when I would take my phone out of the case, there was a weird menu displayed.

When I put the phone in the case, everything is normal. As soon as I flip the retaining strap over, the phone backlight comes on and the screen display turns sideways.

Has anyone else seen this problem with a magnetic phone case?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
The switches for activating the home and car dock modes are activated by a magnet in the docks. The magnet in the case is causing the phone to think it is in one of the docks. I have a magnetic latch case for my Droid and it will activate the phone if I put the phone in the case with the back facing the magnet, but if I put the phone in the case with the screen facing the magnet then everything is fine.

OP
E

eaglefrq

Reaction score
The switches for activating the home and car dock modes are activated by a magnet in the docks. The magnet in the case is causing the phone to think it is in one of the docks. I have a magnetic latch case for my Droid and it will activate the phone if I put the phone in the case with the back facing the magnet, but if I put the phone in the case with the screen facing the magnet then everything is fine.

That's strange because the magnet on my case is up by the ear piece. I removed the top strap and didn't have the problem anymore. I still have the top strap, so I will try putting the phone in backwards too see if that makes a difference.

bsc504

Reaction score
I have had this problem, but I wanted to face my screen towards me in case i bumped up against anything sharp or jagged. I guess Ill be putting it in screen side out now, thanks for the help.

OP
E

eaglefrq

Reaction score
I put my phone in the case face towards me and when I closed the strap, it did the same thing. Turned the phone on, and put it in some weird menu.

I gave up and bought another case that doesn't have a magnetic closure.