case causing overheat?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I recently purchase a clear plastic hard shell case for my razr and my phone tends to be a bit glitchy when it's on. Also it got really hot when charging. I took the case off and it's been fine since. Fluke? Or has anyone else had this experience?

I believe that is the nature of the case covering the back, all of the heat has limited places to go. There are some little holes on the back and some can sneak around the front and out, but for the most part you are going to notice it on the back of the device.

Also the heat dispersing from the phone could be heating up the case depending on how it is made too. Not sure I would equate your glitching problems with the heat though.

I recently purchase a clear plastic hard shell case for my razr and my phone tends to be a bit glitchy when it's on. Also it got really hot when charging. I took the case off and it's been fine since. Fluke? Or has anyone else had this experience?

What kind of case? I use an Otterbox Defender on my Razr Maxx, it has a 2 layer case, one part is plastic around the phone itself then a rubber piece that surrounds the plastic, covering everything except the screen. Sounds like it *might* be just a fluke ... not sure.

Its just generic clear plastic snap on case. Maybe I'll put it back on and see what happens. I also have a film cover on the back as well as the screen. I just wondered if reducing the breathability was causing issues.

I had one of those film thingies on the back of my Razr Maxx when I got it ... yeah you might want to remove that. :)

MattyP said:
I had one of those film thingies on the back of my Razr Maxx when I got it ... yeah you might want to remove that. :)

Did you have a bad experience with it?

MattyP said:
No I took it off before I even turned the phone on the first time. There was one on the front and the back of the phone.

I bought one. I didn't leave the original on. I got a full body film protector called xtreme guard. It comes with pieces for the body, top (around the ports) around the camera/speaker and for the screen

I bought one. I didn't leave the original on. I got a full body film protector called xtreme guard. It comes with pieces for the body, top (around the ports) around the camera/speaker and for the screen

The Otterbox has a screen protector built in. It's a great case, and rugged too. But I am VERY careful not to drop my phone. It's never been "tested" LOL

I run a full body kit military shield on my maxx's, and otterbox defenders w/o the screen protectors on them.. just clean the adhesive off of the case so you don't gum up your screen protector. Works great. And I don't have any heat issues.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

I run a full body kit military shield on my maxx's, and otterbox defenders w/o the screen protectors on them.. just clean the adhesive off of the case so you don't gum up your screen protector. Works great. And I don't have any heat issues.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

What's a "full body kit military shield"??

MattyP said:
What's a "full body kit military shield"??

It's like a screen protector for the body. They make them out of a military grade film material.

Back