caret key

wireless200

Reaction score
How does one type the caret (^) character on the Incredible keyboard? I looked and the only option appears to install an alternate keyboard. I don't want to to do that since I otherwise like the stock keyboard.

givmedew

Reaction score
on the compact qwerty keyboard it is on the 3rd page of symbols its the top left key. On the standard keyboard it is the 4th key from the right on the top row of the 2nd page of symbols.

Hope that helps

harborsparrow

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
How does one type the caret (^) character on the Incredible keyboard? I looked and the only option appears to install an alternate keyboard. I don't want to to do that since I otherwise like the stock keyboard.

On my Android (v7.1.1), there is no carat symbol on the keyboard, but I was able to enter it by switching the keyboard to handwriting mode and drawing the carat symbol. Took me a couple of tries (had to backspace on each bad try). The Globe symbol seems to get me in/out of handwriting vs. keyboard mode.

I Googled this and the solution did not seem to be available anywhere online.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum.

Being that this thread is from 2010, there is a chance that the user you quoted is no longer a member here. But they could be, it is possible.

On my phone, running the Gboard keyboard that symbol is available directly in the Gboard keyboard.

0ff01513b8022f200f5fb5cc8f98ef26.jpg

On my Android (v7.1.1), there is no carat symbol on the keyboard, but I was able to enter it by switching the keyboard to handwriting mode and drawing the carat symbol. Took me a couple of tries (had to backspace on each bad try). The Globe symbol seems to get me in/out of handwriting vs. keyboard mode.

I Googled this and the solution did not seem to be available anywhere online.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk