Cardock

pnwsr6

Reaction score
What causes the cardock to come on by itself?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

tgambitg

Reaction score
What causes the cardock to come on by itself?

There's a sensor on the back of the phone that detects a magnetic field. if the polarity is one way, it activates the car dock, if it is flipped, it activates the multimedia dock.

OP
P

pnwsr6

Reaction score
Is there a way to make stop coming on when its in my case. It has a magnetic latch, so I may have to live with it or put my phone away different, but if there is another solution, im all eyes.

tgambitg

Reaction score
Is there a way to make stop coming on when its in my case. It has a magnetic latch, so I may have to live with it or put my phone away different, but if there is another solution, im all eyes.

Unfortunately, if you have a case with a magnetic latch, the best solutions are 1. don't use that case, or 2. put it in the case with the screen toward the magnet side, which may or may not work. I've been frustrated myself because I like the silence of a magnetic case (no velcro or snap sounds) but I don't like the screen being on constantly, or being in a car/multimedia mode.

OP
P

pnwsr6

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

leobg

Reaction score
There is an app on the market which can disable magnet sensing but if you use stuff like home dock or car dock, those won't function anymore.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

tgambitg

Reaction score
There is an app on the market which can disable magnet sensing but if you use stuff like home dock or car dock, those won't function anymore.

Yeah, I use both on my phone... so that's a no go for me personally, so I am caseless.

leobg

Reaction score
Yeah, I use both on my phone... so that's a no go for me personally, so I am caseless.

Your only reliable solution is to buy non-magnet latching holster.