Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
What type of mount do you prefer? Air vent, cd slot or window/dash mount?

OP
VingInMedina

VingInMedina

Reaction score
I have a dash mount, but it came from my old car and I cannot get it to stick to my new car. I got some 3M adhesive strips, but they just won't hold it. So, I'm looking for other possibilities. I don't like the window mounts, I feel like the obstruct too much view. So, I guess I am open to either the air vent or cd slot.

I don't need to mount it all the time. I have Bluetooth connectivity in this car (2013 Accord), so for listening to music and talking on the phone, I can just leave it on the tray. But, when I need it for navigation, I would like to be able to put it into a mount.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have an air vent mount by New Trent Arcadia. Magnate on dash steel plate in cover back.
Love it, and I've used the cup holder mounts and clamp mounts before, this one's awesome. Available on Amazon. Amazon.com Car Mount TechMatte MagGrip Air Vent Magnetic Universal Car Mount Holder Black for the Galaxy S6 S6 Edge LG G4 Apple iPhone 6 6 Plus iPhone 5S 5C 5 4S Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 HTC M9 Cell Phones Accessories
5df1cd71b10e28b18e74d094a71503fc.jpg

Cover with steel plate
eb11d1b25756f4676e4b63b40e160e22.jpg

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Those mounts like @Efin posted above work good. I had one for my Z3 but after switching to a bigger and heavier case, it would sag the vents a bit so I switched to one of these: Amazon.com Koomus Aero Air Vent Universal Smartphone Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6 6 5 5S 5C Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 4 3 - Retail Packaging - Black Cell Phones Accessories

The ball mount on the back keeps it nice, tight and secure.

If you have a CD slot, you can go with something like this one here: Amazon.com Koomus Magnetos Universal CD Slot Magnetic Cradle-less Smartphone Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6 6 5 5S 5C 4 4S iPod touch Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 2 Note 3 Google Droid HTC GPS with Quick-snap technology Cell Phones Accessories

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
A friend of mine has one of these mounts (Car Phone Holder Cell Phone Holder Car Phone Mounts - ProClip USA and it is great. Doesn't rattle or pick up many vibrations from the road from what I seen whenever I'm in the car. I'm definitely going to get one once they make a custom holder for my next device (Xperia z4v). They're a bit pricey, but the quality is top notch.

OP
VingInMedina

VingInMedina

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. I looked at ProClip ones and they have a specific mount for my car and for the Nexus 6, but it is a bit expensive (about $65).

Wondering about the other mounts -- would they really hold a phone as large and heavy as the Nexus 6?

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Like Wicked said, with the magnate it depends upon the case, my S5 is rock solid. Now if off roading, I'd not guarantee it obviously, the second mount I noted is good for off road use an is why I use it in the truck.
I've used several over the years and like minimal size for the holder. There definitely are bulky holders that will even hold a tablet.