Car Home

harrellj

Reaction score
They made it a stand-alone app. If you search for car home in the market, it should be in there with google inc as the dev, unless they yanked it again. The version currently installed won't have the updates.

OP
S

sharpz

Reaction score
They must have yanked it because I do not see it.

schollianmj

Reaction score
Im just waiting for them to wake up and allow us to put our own custon apps onto it. on the second page there are a few blank spots, and i would love to be able to put my own apps onto it.

as it is now i use car dock v2 and love it, but would rather not have two of the same apps installed using memory.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thread Moved to Droid Applications-please post in the correct forum/sub-forum

crspang

Reaction score
The new car home app is only for the D1 and n1 I believe.

There is another app called carhome (no space) it has a speedometer, weather. And you can add your own apps to the menu. I like it better than the stock car home.

tommyz

Reaction score
Im just waiting for them to wake up and allow us to put our own custon apps onto it. on the second page there are a few blank spots, and i would love to be able to put my own apps onto it.

as it is now i use car dock v2 and love it, but would rather not have two of the same apps installed using memory.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by apps?

I have put Yelp, Gasbuddy, etc. into those empty slots.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by apps?

I have put Yelp, Gasbuddy, etc. into those empty slots.
i have not been able to add anything to the blanks either, but i didnt realize what i had was a google updated app, i thought it was new to my ROM, i have CCH and im good with that.

tommyz

Reaction score
i have not been able to add anything to the blanks either, but i didnt realize what i had was a google updated app, i thought it was new to my ROM, i have CCH and im good with that.

I am using the Google Update App. It may have something to do with the ROM. I'm using the standard built-in ROM with the new Car Home and I can add apps.

opuslife

Reaction score
Newbie Q - (Caveats - Droid Bionic - In Car Mode < my understanding is that this is actually the Google Car Home app running pre-installed, no? When I have the Google Maps Nav running, how do I switch to another app without having to restart (and reset) the Google Nav app with the settings I had previously set?
For example - If I've got the Nav running (with the settings I like), then I want to make a phone call, I have to get to the 'dialer' then select the 'mic' icon to give it my voice commands to call. If I press the 'Home' Button to get to the dialer, then when I want the Nav to come back up, I have to re-enter my settings (which becomes really annoying, really quick). Which is why I would guess that this is a newbie problem - as smart as this phone is for us grandpas, it would seem silly - there must be a key sequence or something that I am missing that would keep nav running in the background while I talk on the phone, that would simply allow me to re-invoke it when the call is done, without having to re-enter all of my nav stuff. Help a grandpa out, someone. Thanks, Bob, Bristol RI, US