Can't update or download apps from google store after ICS 4.0.4 upgrade

jaye712

Reaction score
majesticmermaids said:
Hi I'm having the same problem! Did you ever get it to work?

Did u jst update to ics?its always recommend to do a fdr b4 or after for things to wrk correctly.what have u tryed already?

majesticmermaids

Reaction score
Thanks for responding! I actually updated a long time ago so I'm not sure why it's happening now. And I haven't tried anything yet - thought I'd look and see if somebody had a fix that worked for sure, first. So I was curious to see if the fdr worked for OP. I did go to my app settings and try to clear the cache for google play but it never loaded. It just said "computing..." forever.

jaye712

Reaction score
majesticmermaids said:
Thanks for responding! I actually updated a long time ago so I'm not sure why it's happening now. And I haven't tried anything yet - thought I'd look and see if somebody had a fix that worked for sure, first. So I was curious to see if the fdr worked for OP. I did go to my app settings and try to clear the cache for google play but it never loaded. It just said "computing..." forever.

No prob n welcome to df..This happened to me befour..try clearin cache @reboot n a fdr,first tho did u also clear out ur history @the playstore @settings?for me i normally do it here n there,depends how many apps i search for.whatever it is,iam sure we'll figure this out..also,check @ur playstore settings n see if ur "wifi only"is "unchecked",not to sure how u got it set..if ur on a data plan like i am,i normally have it"checked" for it to only download when on wifi,but if u wanna do it with data,uncheck it..if none is wrking,a fdr n clearin cache is the way to go.hopefully the df folks can put some tips in

majesticmermaids

Reaction score
How strange. I just did a reboot and it seems to be working fine! Which is strange because this has been going on for a few days now and I've tried rebooting several times before. What ever works :)

jaye712

Reaction score
majesticmermaids said:
How strange. I just did a reboot and it seems to be working fine! Which is strange because this has been going on for a few days now and I've tried rebooting several times before. What ever works :)

Sometimes its the simplest things lol..glad it wrks,if u ever need any help in the future,df got your back

andu.das

Reaction score
Error 495

Hi all,
I was having this error 495 while trying to update any existing app or download a new one from the Play store..I did notice that switching to WiFi does serve as a workaround but issue reappears as I switch back to 3G.. But I managed to resolve the issue (so far so good, dont know if it'll resurface :p)..

Here's what I did:
Menu>System Settings>Apps. Under "Downloaded", found "Google Play Services" and "Google Play Store". Opened both, "Force Stop" , "Clear Data" and Uninstall Updates/Uninstall.
Restarted the phone. Have not installed the "Google Play Services" so far, no idea how far it is necessary. But now play store is working fine. I have tried both downloading a new and update an existing, all have worked fine.

Hoping this helps. I have been freaking out for the last few days on this problem.

Thanks
Ani