Installation of updates fails on apps located on the sd card.
If I move the app to the phone, it will update.
Then I move the app back to the sd card.
I tried adding the partitions with Rom Manager, but that didn't help.
So eventually this issue also affected all apps on my sd card, whether they were apps2sd enabled or not. Over the course of the past month I probably accumulated 20-30 updates that I could not get to work.
When I updated to v0.5 of BB last night and was restoring all my apps and data, I decided to only move apps that were enabled for apps2sd to the sd card.
Even still, those apps would not update through the market.
So I did a plethora of looking around this morning and couldn't find anything and then it dawned on me that maybe something in my .android_secure folder was causing the problem, whether it be something that shouldn't be there or it was too full or whatever.
So I opened up my sd card on my computer and saw that the folder contained both the apps2sd enabled apps I had moved after my v0.5 update and also the ones I had forced to the card via Titanium in the past month.
I deleted all of the forced app backups, since none of them were technically "installed" to the sd card anymore.
After doing that I was able to update my apps2sd apps!
This is my theory on why I was able to.
Before I deleted the extra apps, I noticed the storage space in the directory was 232 mb.
If the apps2sd folder is partitioned for 256mb max and also has that 25mb that blocks you from installing new apps like on the internal memory, then that would explain everything.
If the max is 256mb - 25 = 231 mb.
So basically it appears that once one of the apps hit that limit, no more apps2sd apps would install.
That would also explain why only smaller sized apps were able to update before the updating stopped. In hindsight, that should have been a dead giveaway.
Anyways, that's what I think is going on here.
Looks like I can probably do some forced apps2sd again, I just have to make sure I don't hit that limit.