Cant unlock phone with iris scanner

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
i set up my iris scanner said it was set up successful and have the Unlock phone with iris turned on, but when i press either home button or the lock button i swipe to unlock it and it unlocks never goes to the iris unlock. Not sure what im not doing to use it. any help would be helpful thanks.

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
just had it work, must have to be locked for a long time to unlock it with the iris scanner?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It doesn't have to be locked for any specific amount of time on mine. I can lock the phone, then immediately unlock it and iris scanning is available after swiping on the screen.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Huh, its it's only done it once since i set it up otherwise it just unlocks as though I don't have it set up. Swipe and it's unlocked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If it's unlocking when you swipe, you either have smart lock turned on and are in a situation where it keeps your phone unlocked or there's something not set in the lock screen security settings. Settings for both of those can be found under "Lock screen and security" in the settings.

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Im getting it to work but phone has to be locked for a long while before it will. I'll check those out and see

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If you're just sliding to get past the lock screen, the phone isn't actually locking. If the screen has to be off for a while, it sounds like you may not have the phone set to lock automatically when pressing the power button and/or you have it set for Lock Automatically to kick in after a longer period of time. You can check both of those under Settings - Lock screen and security - Secure lock settings.

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Ok looked around the lock screen and security and found it was set to lock after 10 minutes fixed it now thanks for the info

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I like when they're easy fixes

shockracer

Reaction score
Mine stops working and says the iris is dirty (bs). Every time this happens I have to restart tge phone to get it working again.