Can't transfer photos from HTC One to iMac, should I get an iPhone?

biggles

Reaction score
Over the past 2 years I have tried the following methods:
1. Connect usb cable, HTC app worked for a while but then failed to work.
2. Used Android file transfer app. Again, worked for a while but then stopped working.
3. Verizon recommended the Airdroid app. It transferred the photos but compressed them which greatly lowered the picture quality.

The iMac runs OS 10.9.4 and is fully updated. I also tried with my LG G2 and failed.

So, I am starting to think Android phones are simply not designed to work with iMac computers. Because all of the workarounds I have tried failed.

This is for my wife who is a Mac user, fyi. I will stick with my Android phone regardless because I have no trouble transferring pictures to my Windows 7 and 8 computers. Android phones work with Windows PC's the way I expect: you simply plug into USB and an icon opens under "my computer". You then browse the files just like you would with a usb flash drive. Simple and the way it should be.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A few things; one you can load the photos to a cloud like Google drive and pull it using your Mac or update android file transfer and copy the photos over. I personally have had success with my nexus and Mac in fact I use my mac to do all my adb functions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

aishiteru

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Actually, you don't need an iPhone to do that. You just need to ask help from pro Android Assistant tool. With its help, you can directly transfer photos from htc phone to iMac via usb cable.

Last edited: