cant sync calendar

theguy386

Reaction score
Hey guys, for the longest I had used this little trick to sync my full calendar for the past 3-4 years:

-put phone into Airplane mode
-clear Calendar Storage from Applications menu
-go into Date & Time and set to starting point
-go into Accounts & Sync and only refresh Calendar
-go into Calendar APP and refresh
-keep going back and forth from Calendar app and Date & Time, changing the year with each refresh

but now I am unable to do so. Once I try to sync my calendar it gets stuck with the "sync icon" and just doesnt want to sync OR refresh.

Does anyone know of a way to sync all events tracking back for a few years?

tedmeister

Reaction score
Finally, someone with the same issue I am having!

I had noticed that when the phone is factory reset, the sync to calendar does not sync old events, although it does sync future ones. So I did as you figured out - I manually set the phone time to 5 years ago, then did a sync. After quite a few minutes, it completed, then I set the time back to automatic and everything was fine.

This stopped working for me also about a month ago, and all calendar sync pretty much stopped. I now also have the 'stuck' sync icon, and new events entered on the Web into my gmail calendar do not show up in my phone ever. I updated to Gingerbread yesterday, and the sync worked...once. Now it is back to being more or less broken. Looking for any assistance...help!

Cindy62707

Reaction score
Did anyone ever get the sync to work for all appts past and future yet? This is very frustrating! I wasted most of the day reading and trying all kinds of things, including clearing the storage, setting the date backwards, etc but nothing works.