Can't send texts to one specific person..?

Jueles

Reaction score
I can text everyone else, no probs.. but for the past 2 days, when I text my fiance, who also has Verizon, is on the same account as me and also has the Droid X2, he's not getting my messages.. they aren't sending. After a minute, I get an error message under the txt I tried to send, saying the text couldnt be sent. I've tried doing searches on this issue with no findings. Help! Thanks! :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Maybe your phone is telling you something you should be listening to lol. Seriously though, delete all the text threads after saving any pictures you may want to keep. See if that does anything for you. If not, go to menu, settings, applications, manage apps, scroll down to the messaging app and select it. Tap on clear data and cache. Then try texting him again. Forgot to mention first, check to make sure the number is correct. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2

OP
J

Jueles

Reaction score
You, literally, made me lol! Did it, but didn't fix the issue unfortunately.. grrr!
Of course I have the right number silly.. he is my fiance! Lol.. no really though, we've always texted back and forth, no issues. This same thing happened a few weeks ago during a txt convo with another friend of mine. So strange.. but a huge pain. Anyway, I appreciate your suggestions! :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

wwdroid

Reaction score
I'm happy to see I made you laugh! Try a different app and see if you can text him. Handcent SMS is a good one.

This post is Incredible 2!

I have the same problem...my wife and I both have Droid 2 Globals with Verizon...phone numbers are correct, have tried multiple sms programs...still can't send a text to her..and ONLY her. (I can send a text to her thru Google Voice).

Jueles, did you find a fix for your problem?

Thanks...

Joe Droid

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my Droid X2. I could not send text msg to several people, no apparent common factor. I found another forum that made a suggestion that worked for me. I changed the phone number that I was trying to send to. If the number had a 1 before the number, I deleted it. If it didn't have the 1, then I added it. All was well after that. A couple months later, just for grins I tried using the original number ... it worked ok then.

Probably worth a try.

tlcstat

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung SM-S820L
Greetings,
I registered just to verify that this solution (adding the 1 in front of the number) works. Using kitkat 4.4 and Message Classic.
Thanks for the solution.

Yagaron15

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG K10
I also had success with this method. Unfortunately, though, this does not work with a 5-digit services number... Does anyone know a workaround for that situation?

MemphisMan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I had a similar issue with my Droid X2. I could not send text msg to several people, no apparent common factor. I found another forum that made a suggestion that worked for me. I changed the phone number that I was trying to send to. If the number had a 1 before the number, I deleted it. If it didn't have the 1, then I added it. All was well after that. A couple months later, just for grins I tried using the original number ... it worked ok then.

Probably worth a try.
I had the problem on my Google Pixel. I've been sending SMS to my son for years, no problem. Suddenly I couldn't "send". I added "1" to his number and voila! It now works! He has the distinction of being one of the few contacts with a "1". Go figure!

ol' chicken wing

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel
If that doesn't work. Try add 1. Save. Then delete 1. Save. Worked for me.