Cant install SU on my droid

Reaction score
Let me start from the beginning. I flashed the baseband sbf file the other night. And decided to re-root my droid today. I followed the "How to Root ESE53" thread at alldroid.org. I managed to get through that process, and when i got to the last part an tried to regain superuser access i got nothing but errors. I unzipped the su files to the sdcards main root just like the guide said. So i follow these steps here.

Then get on your command prompt or Terminal on your computer. Type these commands:

adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
dd if=/sdcard/Superuser.apk of=/system/app/Superuser.apk
I can't go any further, i get this error.
/sdcard/Superuser.apk: cannot open for read: No such file or directory

I have looked at the properties of these two flies to see the settings of the two su files, and they are both read and archive protected. Should that be that way or not?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have not tried to gain superuser permissions doing this. It has always come along as part of the process of rooting.

Do the first 8 steps in link 1, of my signature, work for you?

OP
bamaredwingsfan
Reaction score
I have not tried to gain superuser permissions doing this. It has always come along as part of the process of rooting.

I will re-root again and see if that does it. One thing that i notice that is funny is that the yellow status bar don't match the percentage it says. Cause it says 100% complete, an the yellow bar is like at 25% maybe. Does that matter?

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I will re-root again and see if that does it. One thing that i notice that is funny is that the yellow status bar don't match the percentage it says. Cause it says 100% complete, an the yellow bar is like at 25% maybe. Does that matter?

Not sure which yellow status bar this is. Let us know how you make out.

OP
bamaredwingsfan
Reaction score

reloaded root, an still no ninja lol.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

really? You my friend get to choose door number 3. I d/l the files and got one step away from doing the sbf flash in about ten minutes. maybe less.

OP
bamaredwingsfan
Reaction score

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

really? You my friend get to choose door number 3. I d/l the files and got one step away from doing the sbf flash in about ten minutes. maybe less.
and what would door #3 be?

It was the 3rd link in my signature to get you back to stock so you can try again if you wish. Unless you can use sprecovery to restore a previous version? ( I don't know what won't work without root access, deleting the current rom is probably one such thing.

From your op it looks like you were trying to create your own rom out of the leaked image? Was there no help in the thread with the directions you followed? Without me going through and understanding those instructions I'd have trouble supporting those instructions. Right now we're just trying to get you a functioning phone again, unless you've got another goal?

OP
bamaredwingsfan
Reaction score
Funny thing happened. I made a nandroid backup of my stock 2.1 image to use as an if all else fails point. And then i reloaded my last good backup of ultimate Droid 8.1 and low an behold, i had the ninja icon in my tools folder where i last saved it to. So since i loaded a nandroid back up that had su enabled, will i have it now from now on? An should i get a stock 2.1 nandroid backup that had su enabled to fully have superuser capabilities?